Chapter 15

Fuck

Fuck.

The headache came down like a ton of bricks. I sat up and took in my surroundings. I was in my living room on the couch. I don't even remember coming home last night.

"Here." I heard Samai's voice from behind me. I spun around too quick which made me dizzy and the pounding became worse. "Careful."

She handed me what looked like 2 advil liquid gels and a glass of water. I happily took them and downed the glass. I felt disgustingly sticky and I was in desperate need of a shower.

"Thank you, I'll be right back." I kissed her forehead before I made my way upstairs and got in the shower.

My mind wasn't right. I knew this would happen, it happened every year. Samai shouldn't have to see me like that, I hope I didn't make a fool out of myself.

After my shower I was feeling a bit better physically, mentally I was still fucked up. Allison was truly a loss I would never get over and I don't think anyone in the family ever will.

After dressing myself I went downstairs to see Samai talking to someone.

"Thank you, have a good day." She closed the door and walked over to me with a bag in hand.

"Who was that?"

"Delivery guy, I ordered IHOP. Figured you would be hungry."

"Have I ever told you how perfect you are?" I enveloped her in a warm hug. "Thank you mi amore."

"You're welcome. Now come let's eat." She pulled me over to the kitchen island and took out the food.

As I'm starting to eat Samai kept looking at me as if she was trying to figure me out.

"Are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that. Why'd you get so drunk yesterday?"

I knew that was coming.

"I hate to ask this but happened last night?"

"You came in shitfaced, you were stumbling all over the place. You kept saying you needed to protect me and you said you wanted to see Allison. You kept mentioning her actually." She had stopped eating at this point.

She frowned when she saw how tense I got when she mentioned my other half's name.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"You didn't." I knew I had to tell her eventually and given how I acted last night, I owed her an explanation.

"You don't have to s-"

"Allison was my twin sister." I started before she convinced me to not say anything. "She was my best friend, and we did everything together. We trained together, we fought together, and she was my mission partner."