A big day for a big boy :)

"Changbin, don't forget your drumsticks again." Jisung laughed as they packed together all the stuff they would need. Today was what Jisungs Grandma once called "a big day for her big boy" (Chan and Changbin still teased him about that sometimes), but it actually was kind of a routine for the three young men to perform at least two times a week. They had one today and another one on a Birthday party on Saturday, enough time in between to practice the songs that their client had specifically asked for.
They were fast learners, so they would make it look easy.

But that was two days into the future.
Jisung had to pull his throughts back into the present and grinned at Changbin, who mumbles a slight "I would never forget that, why would i forget that..." while going back to his room and then quietly grabbing his drum sticks.

"We need to start playing in twenty minutes, you better hurry up. We are getting payed less if we're late again." Chan yelled through the hallway, quickly closed the zipper of his e-bass case and threw the big black bag over his shoulder, while Jisung did the same and Changbin carried the last equiptment case to the door.

Everyone was silent during the elevator ride, untill Jisung started to silently humm the melody of their song "Hellevator" and made Chan and Changbin break into a smile.

As soon as they got to Chans little car, Changbin tore open the door to the trunk and pushed the heavy box between the other black bags. "Gosh, i hate bars that don't have their own drums. This whole carrying around and setting up is really fricking stressful and makes me angry." Changbin hissed while closing the trunk door and wiping a few droplets of sweat of his forehead.

"But do you know what you hate even more?"
"Are you talking about Jisung, hyung?"
"HEY!!"
"Not exacly, but you also hate playing someone else's drums."

Changbin looked over to the older one.
Once again, Chan was right.
"It's a never ending tragedy, should i leave you or will you leave me-"~ Jisung sang with a wide grin and earned a punch on the shoulder from Changbin.

"I knew i shouldn't have let you read my unfinished lyrics-" the short male said and dramatically grinned into the imaginary camera in embarrassment.

《▪︎ 🎸▪︎》

"Okay, Changbin, check the... the thingy on the Drums, you know what i mean, so that it doesn't break down when u play."
The australian sometimes struggled to find the right korean words for the thing he was talking about, but his band mates mostly somehow could figure out what he meant.
Changbin quickly nodded and croutched down to double check the locking screws.

"Jisung, can you test if the guitars are connected to the sound boxes? I need to talk to the bar owner real quick." Chan yelled across the small stage and Jisung nearly tripped over the salad of cables that were laying on the floor.

"Alright hyung!" he answered with a giggle and picked up chans black, glossy JB Vintage bass. The light wood of the guitar neck felt cool and smooth, diffrent from the warm feeling he got off his Stratocaster. The body was heavy and massive, and the strings let out some deep sounds as Jisung brushed over it with Chans dark blue pick. The sound made the boxes to his left and right vibrate softly while he played a few basic cords and twisted the Turning Keys here and there to make it sound right.

When he was satisfied with the sound, he put the instrument back onto the floor and walked over to his Fender Stratocaster.
He croutched down infront of it to stare at it for a few seconds before he picked it up and put the black, fabric strap that was connected to the guitar around his body.

It was as light as a feather, way lighter than Chans bass guitar (or at least thats what it felt like to Jisung) and his fingers flew over the perfectly tuned strings like the clouds on a windy day.
He had a dreamy smile on his face as he played a few fast melodies, notes and riffs, that sounded as flowy as a swifth river.

Changbin was the one that had to drag him out of his flow by taking away his pick and then gently shaking him by the shoulders.
"Get your head out of the clouds and back onto stage, we're starting in five minutes." he said with a grin and put the white pick between the youngers teeth.
"Save that passion for later."

Jisung simply grinned, put his In Ears in and got into position. The bar they were performing in was pretty big, the walls where plastered with old posters and vinyl records of for example Lee Minja, Elvis Presley and Cliff Richard.
The stage was a big podium with two semi big colour changing stage lights shining directly into their eyes and another smaller podium for the drummer in the right corner.

"Hey Changbin, what is it like being as tall as us for once?" Chan mocked his band mate and Changbin played with the drum sticks in his hands.
"You're lucky you're older than me-"
"Is that a threat?"
"No hyung!"~ Changbin purred as cute as possible and the other two burst into laughter.

Untill the moment where it got serious.

Of couse, it wasn't their first performance, but Jisung still felt nervous. He hated being in the spotlight, and right now, he was. Literally. The lights where so bright, it felt like his eyes where getting burned out.
He gulped dryly and took a step foreward to reach the standing mic.

Jisung was the lead singer of 3Racha for most songs they wrote or covered, and Chan and Changbin mostly did the backround vocals, Chan was good at harmonizing and Changbin rapped whenever they needed it. But actually, everyone in 3Racha was good at everything.

Chan waked past his nervous bandmate to the left of the stage and slightly bumped his shoulder against Jisungs as encouragement. "No worries, we got your back. You're gonna rock this." Chan wispered with a smile and Jisung smiled back at him with a slight nodd.

Then Chan and Changbin nodded at each other and Changbin hit his drum sticks up into the air to give the beat.

《▪︎ 🎸▪︎》

3Racha had the time of their lives.
They had been playing for a few hours now (with a few short breaks in between), the guests seemed to enjoy their performance and the band was 100% in the flow.

Sometimes, during performances, Chan would proudly look at his bandmates with what his sister called "heart eyes", and these were the moments where he realized that, despite Jisungs fear of crowds, all three of them were born for the stage.
And the other sometimes thought so too.

When the current Song stopped, Jisung knew exacly what the next song was. He had been waiting for it for the entire evening. A slightly-more-rock-version of "Let it go" by The Neighbourhood, they practiced it over a hundered times.

As soon as Changbin started to demolish his drums (after dryly giving the stlightly faster beat), and Chans Bass kicked in, Jisung played the first few notes of the intro. They where completely sinc and everything worked out perfectly, and Jisungs Confidence was maxed out.

"One, two-" Jisung leaned over to the mic, closed his eyes and started singing his soul out.

Untill he opened his eyes, right after the last line of the Bridge.
Untill he let his eyes wander across the room of people that where all either humming or singing along, drinking liquors and cocktails or just minding their own buisness.
Untill he saw him.

He was as beautiful as he remembered, and his warm eyes rested on Jisung. All the musik and the noise around him got drowned out by his presence, and Jisung did the worst thing to during a performance.

He stopped playing.

A/N: HEYYOOOO

I'm back, and i'm not even late B)

Call me sad genius B)))

(You get it? Cuz, yk, mad genius, and sad genius...? I'm so funny)

Also, i'm not ready for school to start again and i really would like to just end my life at this point, but the next two episodes for hometown cha cha cha are gonna be released tomorrow and i want to finish that before i die

i guess suicide has to wait B)

Anyways, have a great day/night/life/time, see ya~~~

:D