Ch.48 We Have To Go Back

It was late at night when Kazutora and I enter a small bar.

"Isn't this place cozy." I look around.

"Yeah... Let's wait for him there."

Taking a seat at the bar, we order some drinks.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I smile while pointing at my bruised cheek.

"This is nothing. My parents did worse."

"..."

"...No, really... I'll be fine. I was Mikey's girlfriend, after all."

"About that, why did you break up with him?"

"...What?"

"You broke up with him... Why?"

I broke up with Mikey? But, Mizuki said it was the other way around.

"I...I don't recall... Are you sure I broke up with him?"

Kazutora takes a second to think.

"I don't really know. Chifuyu said you two broke up years ago. But he didn't know who did the actual break up. I just assumed you did because Mikey would have never done something like that to you."

"..."

So I didn't break up with him. Mizuki was right all along... But if that's true, she might know the reason Mikey left me.

"Sorry, probably too personal, right?"

"No... I just don't remember clearly..."

"..."

"Sorry I'm late."

Looking up, I find a well-dressed man taking a seat beside me. I recognize that face any where.

"Fu-Fu...?"

He smiles at me.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Homare. It's been years since I've saw you. I'm glad you're doing okay after all this time."

"..."

"What's with the tears?"

I instantly hug him.

"Whoa, hey..."

Mizuki said I left my friends...but why? I love them all so much. That doesn't make sense. What caused me to want to leave everyone behind in the first place?

"Miss Homare?"

"Moron, I'm not even in Toman anymore. So don't call me that."

"Sorry, but no can do. Even though you didn't create Toman, you were with Mikey. So, in a way, it makes you it's mother. And everyone respects their mother, right?"

I giggle.

"Dork."

...I need to figure out why everything went to sh*t again.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

After the emotional reunion, the three of us got down to business.

"I need some context from you guys. Why did Toman go bad?"

"...It was Mikey." Kazutora replies. "Mikey...has completely changed."

"Mikey? What about Kisaki? He was pulling the strings before. You sure he's not behind everything."

"...Mitsuya went missing several months ago... That was Mikey's doing."

"What?"

Mikey...did that to one of his friends? No way...

"He's not the same as before, Miss Homare. In all the time you've been gone, Mikey's been getting into some truly evil sh*t. Toman is this great criminal organization now."