Ch.5 Stand Up

Opening my eyes, the light coming from the living room windows pours into my home.

"..."

Do I even bother getting up from the sofa?

"..."

...I...have to...for Takemichi. He said he'll help me, so I got to help him save his ex-girlfriend.

Sitting up, I go shower and change into some fresh clothes. Once finished, I exit my house and go on the hunt for my partner in crime.

He should be at school right now... But which middle school? Well, it couldn't hurt to check the one I'm supposed to be attending first.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It was in between classes, so everyone was either hanging around, waiting for their next class, or just choosing to skip. As I run through the halls, I earn a few glances as I make myself known.

"Takemichi!? Yo! You here!? Come on out if you are!"

I race up the stairs to the second floor. Upon turning the corner, I run right into someone.

"Ow~. Jeez~, my bad. Sorry."

"Homare?"

Sitting up, I'm greeted by a familiar face.

"Takemichi!"

He looked so beaten up. Not even noticing the guys around him, I begin to scold him.

"Where did you go?! You had me worried sick?! What's wrong with you?!"

"Erm... Sorry..."

I sigh.

"Jeez, at least put your number in my phone so I don't have to go hunting you down. Got it?"

Pulling out my flip phone, I hand it over. He adds himself in before standing up and offering his hands. Once on my feet, it was only then I noticed the other guys.

"Oh... Sorry you had to see that."

"Yo, Takemichi!"

"Who's the ghostly babe?!"

"Do you got two girlfriends?!"

"Damn, didn't know you were a player."

Without a second though, he hits the tall guy and the one wearing glasses right in the head.

"No I don't! She's a friend I've recently made."

I bow my head and smile at the guys.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Homare Sato."

The guy with red hair returns the smile. It was then I noticed the bruise on his right cheek.

"It's nice to meet you too. My name is Atsushi Sendo."

"Just call him, Akkun." Takemichi adds.

"I'm Takuya Yamamoto."

"Well, beautiful, you can call me Kazushi Yamagishi. But Kazushi is just fine."

"And I'm Makoto Suzuki. But you can call me whatever."

"No fair, I saw her first." Kazushi complains.

"So?"

The two begin to buttheads as the rest of us just watch.

"Umm..."

"I promise the rest of us aren't like that." Akkun looks my way.

"Right."

The bell suddenly rings.