Ch.33 Live The Way I Want You To

Honoka sends a sweet smile my way.

"I'm glad you're still awake. I got great news for you."

"...Me?"

"Homare."

I look at my brother.

"Go back upstairs. You don't need to hear-"

"Homare, I found you a real husband!"

"What?!"

"Take a seat and I'll explain from the beginning."

"..."

"Homare, go up stairs. You don't how to hear this. Or call one of your friends and hang out with them tonight. Hell, go on a date with Mikey. You can stay out all night."

"Shun...?"

"You're 14, you shouldn't have to hear this f*cked up conversation."

"Take a seat, my dear."

"..."

I take a seat on the sofa across from my sister. Shun sits next to me, glaring at her.

"First things first, I got exciting news. The top music producer in the country approached my agent and I yesterday. He agreed to sign me after listening to the songs you two wrote. Well...mostly yours. I'll be more famous than I ever was. And with more fame, comes more money. I'll be able to pay Shun triple the amount I already do it I get signed."

"..."

"There's just one catch... He has a son, who's taken quite the likely to you. He said the two of you already met."

She must be talking about Touma. This must be how they met.

"The producer only agreed to sign me if I can convince you to marry his son. He says his son is completely in love with you. And just wants to make him happy and give him whatever he wants."

"...But I'm with Mikey..."

"Yes, you'll have to break up with him. But think of it as trading the boy in for a richer, hotter, model. So what do you say?"

"I-"

"And think carefully~. Your brother's life depends on your answer."

"What?" the two of us ask.

"If you say no, I'll cut Shun's salary in half."

"Are you kidding me?! You barely pay me as it is! And for every ten songs, I might add."

"Well, if our dear sister says yes, I can pay you more. Then you'll have enough saved up to buy that rundown store you found."

"Store?"

"...You knew about that?" he looks directly at her.

"Of course, I have to keep a very close eye on my money-makers. Did you think you could really buy that building and turn it into a music store without me knowing? You think once that started making money, you could just quit on me?"

"..."

"I'm smarter than that."

Honoka turns towards me.

"So what do you say. Will you help me out and marry the boy? It'll help your brother out a lot. You want to help your poor brother, right?"

"...I..."

"I'm fine, Homare. Don't let her trick you. You're with Mikey...and he makes you happy, remember? Don't ruin your life just to take care of me."

"...No."