Ch.32 Start The Investigation

The rain lasted all day, even into the next day. With our umbrella's in tow, I walk between Chifuyu and Takemichi.

"Man." Chifuyu grins. "I still can't believe you said that yesterday. You're, like, beyond oblivious."

"Yeah... I'm not sure why I said something like that, either. My heart is still racing."

Stopping in front of Takemichi, Chifuyu holds his hand out.

"How about this. I'll help you get to the top of Toman if you help me out with what I'm trying to do."

"...Does that mean you think I could actually make it to the top of Toman?"

"Not in the least."

"I knew it! You're making fun of me, aren't you?!"

"But I'll help you out."

"...Okay, fine."

The two shakes hands.

"I'll help you out, too

"I'll help you out, too."

"Pleasure to have you onboard, partner! By the way, we're in the same grade, so you can always skip the formalities with me."

"What?! W-We are? You should've said something sooner!"

"Well, you never asked."

"But you're a vice captain, so I figured you were older than me. Though, I guess you outrank me in Toman, anyway."

"But not me~." I grin.

Chifuyu smiles my way.

"The only one who outranks you is Mikey. In a sense, consider yourself as Toman's third leader. You're about the same level as Draken."

"Really?"

He nods.

"Does that mean you have to do whatever I say~, Fu-Fu?"

"...I don't like the sound of your tone."

"Bark for me."

"W-What?!"

"You're my puppy, remember?"

"...Please stop joking, Miss Homare."

"Hahaha! Never!"

"...Man... You're going to be a handful, aren't you?"

"Yes, very much so. You shouldn't have told me my rank then."

"..."

"Anyway, why'd you call us out today?"

"I called Takemitchy out, not you. He brought you with him. You should go home before you get hurt."

"...As your third leader, I'm ordering you to let me investigate too."

"...I shouldn't have open my mouth earlier."