𝚅𝙸. 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚁𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

It was days before Valentine's Day and Sylvie was surrounded with roses, red, pink, chocolate, love and her friends gushing over their Valentine's Day plans with their certain someone. And they would always ask the same thing. 'What do you and Sam have planned?' And Sylvie always answered with...

"Nothing. He still hasn't asked me." Sylvie groaned as she stabbed her dead frog in frustration. Effie took the small knife from the girl and laid it down somewhere else.

"Come on, Sylvie. I'm sure he'll ask you." She supported but Sylvie simply sent her friend a look.

"It's merely days before Valentine's Day and he hasn't even mentioned it! It's our first Valentine's together and I just thought maybe he'd at least ask me to be his Valentine." She muttered as her biology teacher walked around.

"Look, things have been messy lately, you know. With the band and Liz and Watson trying to have a baby. Maybe he forgot." Effie suggested as she wrote some things down and Sylvie continued dissecting the frog.

"We promised this whole Orpheum Records thing wouldn't get between us, but why does it feel it is." She sighed while fiddling with her locket using her empty hand. Effie looked at her friend with an aching heart and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe try talking to him." She said.

"I'm not sure if you noticed, but talking about my feelings isn't my strongest suit," Sylvie mumbled with a frown. But Effie was right, she had to try.

The school bell finally rang and Sylvie rushed out of the classroom. She didn't have any classes with Sam on Monday so she had to talk to him after school. As she walked through the school halls, everywhere was decorated with hearts, flowers and the colours red and pink.

Normally Sylvie would groan at the idea of Valentine, finding it a holiday to make single women feel bad about themselves, and she still thought that. But no was different, she at least wanted Sam to do something. Something that proved their relationship wasn't at the brink of falling apart.

"Sam!" She called as she found the boy that made butterflies flutter inside her stomach.

"Sylvie," He smiled softly as she ran towards him, she softly kissed his cheek and looked up at him.

"Hi," She said and Sam chuckled softly.

"Hi," He replied and Sylvie tried to remember the words she practised in her head during her lessons.

"Talking, about emotions," She managed to get out and Sam frowned in confusion. "I want to talk about my emowaa." She tried again and Sam got it.

"Come on, you can say it." He teased and Sylvie groaned in annoyance.

"Fine. I want to talk about my... emotions." She finally said and watched a large smile grow on Sam's face. He took her hand and together began walking to their neighbourhood.

"Alright, what's wrong?" Sam asked when they left the school ground.

"This is going to sound really stupid, but I'm upset that you haven't asked me to be your Valentine," Sylvie admitted as she looked at her boyfriend who looked back at her.

"Really? Oh, I thought you said you hated Valentine's Day seeing as it's a day to make single women feel bad about themselves." Sam replied.

"One, thank you for remembering," She blushed softly. "Two, I do, but it's our first Valentine as a couple. And I just wanted—" She started but stopped herself.

"Wanted what?" Sam asked and Sylvie could feel her face become blank as Sam's face turned sad.

"No, we're talking," She told herself and took a deep breath. "I wanted something to prove... to prove to my mother I don't hate all romance." She lied and Sam sighed.