𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜

Sophomore year

Sophomore year. The year I start looking at colleges, take my first AP classes, get an after-school job and finally feel like I belong at high school.

Luckily, I already have the last two things in the pocket. I have a band and am part of the famous bsc, and as the lead singer of a very popular band, I automatically get placed in the top 10 list of most popular kids in Stoneybrook High. I'm number 3, only beaten by Ashley (which I totally get and Ashley deserves it) and this kid who got 20 million likes on Tik Tok for having a dance-off with a rat that was having a seizure.

But things are about to change seeing, as this Wednesday I have a meeting with the Orpheum Records. This could really take Sunset Curve to a whole new level. Think albums, tours and so much more.

Sylvie put her pen down at the band meeting and looked at Evan who had cleared his throat.

"So, as of right now we have two songs in the making. As Long as I Have You and Determinate," Evan announced as Sylvie sat on the couch with Sam next to her and his arm around her while Emmett and Oliver were throwing and catching a ball to each other. "Anyone got any other songs?"

"Do you mean does Sylvie have any other songs?" Emmett and joked and Evan gave him a look before rolling his eyes.

"Very funny. Guys, it's Sunday and the meeting is this Wednesday, we have to give them everything we've got."

"Evan, chill, Sylvie will do great," Oliver replied as he threw the ball back in a corner.

"Yeah, Oli's right. Don't stress, I've got this." Sylvie agreed.

"The last time you told me that you almost burned our old school in New York down." Evan shot back and Sylvie opened her mouth before closing it.

"Alright, yeah, you've got a good point there."

"Look, Sylvie and I are going together and I'm picking her up afterwards. What could go wrong?" Sam asked as he smiled at his girlfriend.

"She could die... or you could die," Emmett replied and everyone sent him once again a look. "All I'm saying is that people could die."

"No one is gonna die," Evan sighed. "But please don't die." He then asked Sylvie who burst out laughing.

"I'll try. But relax, guys. I feel like I'm the least nervous out of all of you and I'm the one actually going to this meeting." She laughed.

"Yeah, well you're used to big meetings. Didn't you used to go to all these fancy events and meetings in New York?" Oliver asked as he let himself fall into an empty chair.

"I think there's a pretty big difference between those two things," Sam replied and Sylvie softly poked his side.

"The point is, I'm not nervous and I'm going to nail this meeting."