'Friend'

Ch.19

Here goes another Nutcracker rehearsal. The familiar music was playing in the background, the accompanist more than familiar with the music already. It plays every single year without fail. Some dancers were driven mad by the music which you could understand. For you personally, it brought too many good memories to sour your mood. Hwanwoong felt the same which was nice to see. The only one who was straightforward about their hatred for The Nutcracker was Jimin when you've talked to him about it. How come that didn't surprise you?

Well, he can be a sourpuss all he wants. As long as he doesn't try to ruin your mood and kill your spirit. December was a couple months away, so you needed to keep this positive train going. These days, Jimin actually listens to you so that's great. If you tell him that you don't want to hear him sh*tting on one of your shows, then he stops. Hell yes! That's major progress in your eyes. The path to friendship was looking more solid. Mister Dupont won't have to worry about a thing by the time Swan Lake is on the stage. Your certain that Jimin and you will be able to give Dupont the chemistry he craves.

You'll be seeing Jimin again next rehearsal. The two of you already had lunch together which was fun. He had given you a grumpy look, but you promised him that he wouldn't be helping you with your shoes this time. That was a complete relief to him. The only plan you had for lunch was having Jimin try out the zucchini noodles you made. Now you wouldn't consider yourself a cook at all and that's why when you did make something, you were pretty proud of yourself. You also think it came out well this time around!

Jimin didn't look as impressed and questioned if it was store bought. You'll take that as a compliment. He was suspicious of it the entire time because you refused to let him eat his boring salad. He had claimed he bought a different one today to spice it up. You just couldn't see how cut up pieces of chicken was spicing it up. The bickering was frustrating though nothing you couldn't handle when it came to him. And when he did start eating it, it was slow. Jimin had a noodle hanging out of his mouth when you decided you would just take the bowl away from him if it didn't like it. But Jimin turned away from you, refusing to give it back as he practically inhaled it.

Very sweet of him. Dangerous, but sweet. It left you with a smile on your face even during rehearsal. Truthfully, that wasn't the only reason you were smiling. For today's Nutcracker rehearsal, the young students at SNB academy were here. So many little kids were in the studio and you felt your heart bursting. They were all so cute! So many of them with serious faces, their posture straight yet chubby rosy cheeks. It was extremely tempting to pinch their cheeks and coo at them. Not to mention, some of the younger ones would stare at you in awe after discovering who you played. Their eager professionalism and young curiosity was adorable.

"Fifteen minute break!" The ballet mistress gave all the young kids a bright smile. Five extra minutes than usual? How generous. She clearly favored the children, but you weren't going to complain. With this free time, you stood by the wall drinking the coconut water Misook had given you again. It's not like you were doing much on the side to begin with.

It was mainly the ballet mistress Lee trying to run through everything again with the kids. They were going over the party scene with Clara and all her friends. There was more in the scene, but so far it's been a lot of talking between all the coaches. There's constant talking just with the young students doing rehearsals at the academy while the rest of you learn at SNB. Luckily the students have been coming more into the company in order to complete rehearsals. It made it easier to work and they were so cute too. You were smiling to yourself when you noticed the girl who played Clara approaching you.

"Hello, Miss Seong." She bowed. It took everything in you not to burst.

"Hi, Mijoo. How are you doing?" You asked her, noticing her face light up.