One Percent Effort

Ch.17

You know you're supposed to be working on befriending Jimin and being close buddies, but there were days when you just didn't feel it. It was the one mandatory chore you had to do that you absolutely hated at times. It was typically easy to push through, however it's been rough recently. Normally you would be able to push through after a chat with Hwanwoong. Now that wasn't the case with Jimin and you apparently being a couple. Were you dating him? Hell no. Why would you ever date such a cold man who treated you like leftovers?

The only one he showed actual love to was Anastasia and at least Hwanwoong got some respect. You were left with practically nothing. There was no more room in Jimin's dead little shriveled heart. Still, that didn't stop others from believing the two of you were a thing. It's not like Jimin denied it when people asked and he didn't confirm it either which made things difficult. You would deny it, but others probably assumed you were trying to keep your relationship with him a secret.

Definitely not what's going on whatsoever! Jimin is just a piece of sh*t who has destroyed all your chances of ever dating Hoseok! You think that's the reason why he doesn't bother denying others when they ask. He wants the rumors to stick around so Hoseok backs off. Well, he didn't need to do that. Hwanwoong told you that Hoseok doesn't date coworkers. Technically you didn't work in the same department as him, but still. He wasn't going to mix his work and personal relationship together. That was the finishing blow to your heart. You really thought the two of you had some sort of connection.

Since you were apparently delusional, you were letting yourself suffer. It was another Swan Lake rehearsal that involved Prince Siegfried, Odette, the swan maidens, and Von Rothbart. Mister Dupont just wanted to lay down his vision and talk about the choreography with all of you first. There would hardly be any dancing this rehearsal. Because of that, there was a lot of standing around and eyes on you. Particularly by Yumi. You were mad at Jimin and for the sake of rehearsal going smoothly, you kept your distance from him today. Luckily that wasn't a problem for Mister Dupont, though it didn't stop trouble from finding you.

"Unnie, you told me you weren't dating Jimin." Yumi whined to you. Five more minutes until rehearsal officially starts. You were practically counting down the seconds as Yumi pestered you. "Yoongi has been telling everybody who enters the clinic that the two of you really are dating and he's never wrong!"

"Well, he is this time." You stared at the mirror with your arms crossed. You weren't in the mood to talk to anyone, but Yumi couldn't take a hint for her life. She did as she pleased with that fake nice smile of hers. The rest of the girls in the studio were slowly coming in, whispering, and glancing at you. It was tiring though at least they were able to drop the subject and focus on themselves. It was Yumi who had the audacity to come up to you and ask these inappropriate questions.

"I don't know." Yumi chuckled which only annoyed you more. If you say he's wrong then he is! Why wouldn't you know if you were in a relationship or not? And even if you were, it was none of her business.

You were struggling to have any patience with Yumi today either. The energy to do this dance with her was not in you this time. With that in mind, you needed to figure out a way to get her to stop talking to you for the rest of rehearsal. There's no way you're going to Jimin. He was stretching by the barre on the wall and he would occasionally look in your direction. There was no doubt in your mind he was bitter you were avoiding him lately. Tough tooties, Buddy. You were doing this for the both of you. You were lowering the chances of snapping at him this way.

With Jimin out of the question, you didn't have that many options. Yumi would follow you if you went towards your water bottle. If you went to the corps de ballet girls, then Yumi would turn it into a girl's locker room extravaganza. They would all ask you about Jimin and you refused to let that happen. Mister Dupont was going over choreography to himself, so you didn't want to disturb him. Your chances of escaping Yumi felt like zero until the principal playing Von Rothbart entered the studio. You haven't talked to him in a long while but dealing with him was better than Yumi or Jimin.