Kabanata 66

Third Person

With Camaro and Farus being siblings, people are still in shock after hearing the truth. It was hard for them to believe, nor sink it in their minds that the both of them are related by blood, and this war has something to do with their past grudges against each other. The both of them couldn't care less. If they won't settle the score between them, it will be an unending revenge, war, and bloodshed. 

Nagtagisan ng tingin ang mga ito habang nasa ere't magkasangga ang sandata ng isa't isa. You can see the determination and their desire to win just by looking in their eyes. Walang planong magpatalo ang mga ito't paniguradong handang makipagpatayan ang mga ito. 

Funny how the both of them would used to look at each other with so much love and care, but now what's left was anger and hatred. 

"This won't end without one of us dying." Matigas na wika ni Farus habang nakangisi rito. Buong lakas na binalya ni Camaro ang espada dahilan upang mapaatras silang dalawa. 

"And it's probably not me, Cameron." Malamig nitong tugon. 

Kahit anong panghihimok ang gawin ni Farus sa kaniya'y pinipilit niya ang sarili niyang huwag itong patulan. He's trying his best not to give in because he is still his brother. He still believes that he could talk him out of it. Naniniwala siyang kaya pang magbago ng kapatid niya't buksan nito ang kaniyang puso at isipan upang maintindihan ang katotohanan.

It is because as a Prince of Light, he believes that every evil people have kindness buried deep inside their hearts for a reason that their kindness was abused by the people around them. Even after all the things Farus did just to satisfy his anger, he still believes that a day will come he will realize his mistakes and change. 

Pero nagkamali siya sa bagay na iyon. His younger brother, once the Prince of the dark was now swallowed by his own shadow and was not able to get out from the darkness he made himself. Kahit siya'y naiinis sa sarili niya kung bakit naroon pa rin ang pag-asa niyang magbago ang kapatid niya sa kabila ng kasamaang ginawa nito. 

And now he's hating himself. He hate how selfless he is not just as a king, but as a sibling, as a father, as a lover. 

Muli ay inilibot ng hari ang kaniyang mga mata. People of Elysian Empire are trying their best to fight back against his armies. He saw how they got stabbed and fell on the ground with blood all over their bodies, women and children running and crying over their husbands and fathers dying-

Iniwas ni Camaro ang tingin sa senaryong nakikita sapagkat naalala niya ang pagkawala ng libo-libong buhay ng mga mamamayang pinamumunuan niya noon. Ganitong-ganito rin ang nangyari, ang pinagkaiba lang ay kahit papano'y may awa ito sa mga bata at kababaihan na maaaring madamay sa digmaang wala naman silang kinalaman.

Sa isang kumpas ng kamay ni Camaro'y napunta ito sa ibang dimensyon kasama si Farus kung saan silang dalawa lang ang naroon at malaya silang magpatayan nang walang nadadamay. The both of them could destroy the whole empire if they were to put off a fight there. The damage could cause a lot of people losing their lives.

He wasn't supposed to care about those filthy lives, won't he? But there he is still thinking about them.

They know the only person who can leave here will remain alive, and the other shall lose and die.

Magkaharap ang mga ito't nasa tatlong metro ang layo nila sa isa't isa. Nagtatagisan lamang ito ng tingin na para bang sinusuri ang kaluluwa ng bawat isa. They were reminiscing their past, the good and bad ones, the time when they both got separated, how they planted a seed of grudge in their hearts, water it with pain and hatred.