Kabanata 60

Flame

I run my fingers through my hair as I carefully wore my tunic, a royal clothing of a prince on his duties. I look at myself in front of the mirror. I look tired and stressed out. Nang dumako ang tingin ko sa koronang nakalagay sa ulo ko ay hindi ko maiwasang isipin kung nababagay nga ba sakin ang koronang 'yon. 

Then my eyes landed on the family picture hanging at the center of the wall, just in front of my bed. We are all in red, a color that represents passion, vigor, bravery, and love. Everyone's smiling wearing different versions of crown in their heads. A picture of a dignified and respected family. 

They look perfect. But sad to say they are not. Behind those smiles and good reputation hides a despicable and sly ruler that reigns the continent. I smiled bitterly when I noticed something. The woman in the picture was no longer my mom but Aunt Faxara. 

Father was so obsessed with bloodshed and revenge that he forgot humanity. Nakalimutan niyang ama siya't hari ng mga taong kinasasakupan niya. His duties and responsibilities to prioritize the goodness and safety of his tribe were all set aside because of his greed and desire. 

I had no idea how he managed to revive Aunt Faxara, but one thing is for sure, he preserved her body for years. He hid her body and after decades he bought her to life, but for what reason? To use her against her family. 

I released a heavy breath of disappointment as I went out my room. Hindi ko na alam kung ano ang nararapat kong gawin. I was born eldest in this family with the priority to protect and maintain the power and dignity as a royalty. 

Pero sa kabila ng lahat ng nalaman kong katotohanan, hindi ko na kayang panindigan ang responsibilidad na 'yon. Everything was messed up, everything was a misatake, and they keep on doing it again and again. Imbis itama ang mga pagkakamaling nagawa nila'y mas pinili nilang lumaban. 

They are willing to get low and dirty just to get even, they are not willing to apologize and admit defeat. 

"Mahal na prinsipe, pinapatawag na ho kayo ng mahal na hari." I nod my head. 

Mabilis akong naglakad patungo sa silid kung saan ngayon ay nagpupulong ang mga hari ng buong kontinente. My father called their attention, probably to tell them about his grand plan and to reveal Aunt Faxara's revival. 

When I reach the door, the two knights bowed their heads as a sign of respect. Hindi ko na lamang sila binigyan ng pansin at napagdesisyunang buksan ang pinto. When I opened the door, I saw four kings sitting in a circled table, both elbows placed on top. Mukhang may pinag-uusapang importante ang mga ito. 

Nang mapansin nila ang presensya ko'y natahimik ang mga ito. Tumunghay ang aking ama't ginawaran ako ng isang ngiti. His grinning face makes me sick. He is my father, I'm his own blood and flesh but I hated him for this. 

"Farus, you know your so-" 

"No, he won't. He's on our side, aren't you?" I forced a smile. I have to pretend I was on their side before he could hypnotize me and I won't be able to do anything. 

"Yes, you can trust me." Tumango-tango naman ang mga ito. 

Looks like they didn't brought their queens with them. They knew better than bringing them  that might cause a scandalous scene. But if I were to be a judge, I won't consider it scandalous. They were righteous act of women being awaken from their stupidity. 

Sad to say, men are always born stupid than women. I don't know where we got the superiority right when were born when it was woman who gave birth to us. 

"So what's the ruckus all about, Farus?" tila ba inip na inip na wika ni Aries. I tilt my head as I look at the Air King.

King Aries, of course he should be impatient. 've heard about what happened to him and Aerus, especially about the relationship he had with his queen and loyal subjects. They are not doing very well for he seemed distracted about something.