Kabanata 61

I was listening to this song the whole time I was writing this chapter and it just felt like I was in the story myself. Sharing is caring. Ehe. Midnight update for everyone! We're so close to the end of the story, thank you so much for supporting me up until now. I love you all! Mwa! 

_______________________

Arden

Minulat ko ang aking mga mata't bumungad sa akin ang kisame na gawa sa iba't-ibang carving ng konstelasyon sa kalangitan. It was shining and glimmering in different colors. You can say that I have the whole night sky in the ceiling of my room. 

Umupo ako sa aking higaan at kinumpas ang aking mga kamay. A magic circle of a sun embracing the half moon and stars appeared as a magic circle in my bed. When I closed my eyes and opened them I was already in the Astral Realm of Celestial beings. I often went here the moment I woke up to arrange the constellations and check for everyone's stars.

While I was scanning the stars in the sky, a certain star caught my attention. It was still the brightest in the sky even if it's already morning. It was the king's star, and it's rotating in a different location. It's movement in the space was different among the others, and it's not behaving the same way it was before.

This could only mean that there are some changes going on with the king. I'm not quite sure what it is all about, but I've been observing his star from time to time and there are certain instances it was unstable. I'll make sure to check up on him later. I wanted to make sure he is stable mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, 'cause for sure he is already magically stable. 

When I checked her highness' star, it was still glimmering in color. It was a healthy looking star, bright and powerful just like her father. I checked the other's stars as well and they seem to be doing just fine. Wala naman akong nakikitang kamalian o kaanomalyahang nangyayari rito.

I was about to leave when I noticed a certain star from a far away space. I can't remember a bright red star somewhere up there. Nakakasigurado akong wala iyon doon sa makalipas na linggo. I already memorized the location of every star in the space, and there's no way a certain star exist without me knowing. 

I waved my hand to know the owner of the star, and when I did, I was not able to react for a moment. The star was owned by no other than the king's beloved woman. I swallowed a lump on my throat when a realization hit me. If her star was alive, this means she was alive. 

Since when? Does the king know about this?

I look at her star closely. There's nothing wrong with it. There's no foul magic around it. This naturally means she's alive and well. Her star disappeared decades ago, the king confirmed her death. But now her star resurfaced once again, and she's alive. 

Mabilis kong binalik ang sarili ko sa realidad. When I stood up from my bed, the robe swiftly fell off my body, and now I'm standing in front of my human-sized mirror naked. This is a body of a God, muscles, abs, and biceps to die for. No woman in the continent can possibly say no to this, well aside from her highness, I can make sure. 

Not even you. 

As I continued to admire my body in front of a mirror, my face suddenly heat up in embarrassment when I remembered a particular scene when her highness caught us bathing in the hot spring.  I shook my head and decided to wear some clothes before the palace maids ended up screaming their lung out. 

I was fixing the tussle in my shoulders when my father's face suddenly flashed in the mirror. I smiled weakly, people used to say I look like him in this royal suit. Tinitigan ko ang sarili ko sa salamin. That way I can see my own father, because I look exactly like him.