Chapter 9

Luna's POV
The next morning I woke in my dad's bed without him. I smell food so I figured he was either cooking or he ordered room service, I assume the latter. I walk in the kitchen that was in our room and saw him cooking, I was hoping he ordered room service. 

I'm not saying my dad is a bad cook but he is. He burnt toast. I know it's easy burn toast but he thought it was suppose to be like that. My Uncle Klaus and Aunt Rebekah don't let him near the stove anymore after he burnt my toast, and I'm glad. 

He pulls me out of my thought when he said "Good Morning sweetheart." He places a plate in front of where I'm sitting and it was bacon, eggs, and non-burnt toast. "Good Morning Dad, I see you learnt how to make toast," I said giggling. 

"Yes I have, apparently it's not that hard," he says smirking. I laugh and stuff my face with eggs. I was surprised he knew how to cook because these eggs are good. "Luna I have to talk to you about something," he said in a serious tone.

When he uses his serious tone it either means something bad, and since I didn't do anything wrong, my guess is something is wrong. "Why what's wrong," I ask with worry on my face. "You Uncle Klaus got taken-" he says but I cut him off. 

"So that means we have to leave," I say with a sigh. I don't want to leave but I guess we have to. "I know you don't want to leave but I promise when we get your uncle back we will come back," He says with a soft voice. "I'm going to hold you that promise but I guess if we have to go to save Uncle Klaus then we have to go," I say with a small smile. 

I give him a hug and go pack my stuff. I go back to my room and start packing my stuff. I should have known this trip wouldn't last a week without something happening, its just a Mikaelson thing, something bad always happens. 

Good things never last long with this family. I'm not going to lie I love them I do but I wish they never hurt other people so good things can last. I guess I'm stuck with this family and their problems.

Kol's Pov

Luna went to her room to pack her stuff to leave. I can see how upset she was. I know it hurts her to leave and it pains me that we have to but I need to save my brother, but after I will bring her back and we can actually enjoy it. I go to my room to pack my stuff. 

Sometimes I wonder how life would be without Luna or how Luna's life will be if I hadn't took her from that alley, would she have a normal life or would she have a life worse then now. I never wanted this life for Luna. 

I wanted to keep her out of this for as long as possible but she was brought into this to early in life. I also see the look on her face when some drama with our family happens. A knock on my door breaks me away from my thoughts. "Come in," I say still packing my clothes. I see Luna walk in with a sad look on her face. 

"Sweetheart is every thing ok?" I ask her. "Yeah I'm just sad that we have to leave so early, I was really looking forward for it to just being me and you for a whole week with no problems but I guess it was to good to be true," she says sitting on the bed. 

"I know, but when every thing is over we can spend as much time as you want," I say hugging her rubbing her shoulder. "But something always comes up, either someone get taken or gets seriously hurt, we can never have a time where we can spend it as a family where nothing happens and we can enjoy the moment, always something comes up," she says. 

She's right we never had a moment as a family where nothing bad ever happened. "I know sweetie but one day it's gonna happen not today but someday, but for now we just have to work with what we got," I say kissing her forehead. "Dad can I ask you something?" she askes looking up at me. 

"Anything," I respond. "Do you ever think you'll eventually find happiness?" she askes. "Well I already found my happiness and that's you my little devil," I say poking her nose. "Besides me. Like with someone who make your heart flutter and who you can see a future with?" she says with a smile. 

"Maybe one day but for now your my happiness," I say with a smile. "Now go grab your stuff," I say climbing off the bed, Asin repeating my actions. She runs to hug me and I hug her back. "Thank you daddy, I love you," she says burying her face in my stomach. 

"Your welcome sweetie, I love you too." She called me daddy she hasn't called me that since she was 10, it made my heart melt. We let go and she ran to go get her stuff.  These are the moments I love, it lets me know I did right and that she's going to be ok for now. 

We headed to the airport, I compelled us two first class tickets. We got on the plane and headed back home. I can see the look on Luna's face the whole time we were leaving, she was sad and I never liked seeing her face like that. 

I wish we could have stayed longer but I need to save my brother from our retched mother and if that means a sad Luna then so be it. She was quiet the whole way back. When we landed in New Orleans, Elijah had sent a car for us. We got into the car and headed back to the compound. Here comes the drama that is our family.