()

The instant the door opened, I was in shock. Caroline came walking in, holding a pizza and some movies.

"Caroline?!" I yelled as I ran over to hug her.

"Oh, Elena, it's so good to see you! When Nik told me that you were still alive I almost flipped out!" She said as she passed the food to Rebekah and hugged me again.

"What, how, wait, when did you start calling him Nik?" I asked, so confused I could hardly see straight.

"When did you get married to an original?" She responded, laughing. I laughed with her. Maybe this would be a good night after all.

"Okay, so I have no room to judge, but that didn't answer any of my questions." I said, as all three of us walked into the kitchen and sat at the bar with the pizza.

"Well, you know that he has 'fancied' me for a while, well, when you 'died' I lost it and I had found out the day before that Tyler was cheating on me with that Hayley chick, so I went to the one person I thought of first. He comforted me and then yesterday, I was sort of with him when he found out that you were alive, here with Kol. He explained what Kol told him and asked me to come down here. Of course, I couldn't say no. And don't worry, I have been sworn to secrecy. No one else at Mystic Falls will know you are alive." She said all in one breath. It was kind of hard to keep up with for the most part.

"So, are you like, with him?" I asked. She looked at me with a shocked face and Rebekah just laughed.

"I tell you that whole thing, and that's what you got out of it? And sort of. He hasn't asked me properly yet." She said, crossing her arms.

"But you slept with him?" Rebekah spoke up. Caroline's face went pink as she stared down Rebekah. "What I thought you said we were supposed to do this at a girls night?"

"Well, yes, but it's not usually so...forward." I said, as we all started laughing, taking our pieces of pizza.

"I will take your blushing as an answer, and I'm glad. He needs someone like you. He hasn't even killed people in a while, just for you." Rebekah said, directly to Caroline. She looked shocked again.

"Okay, enough about my love life, what about yours, Elena." They both turned to look at me. For a second I looked like a deer in headlights. "I can see you are wearing his clothes." Caroline continued. I blushed.

"Well, he is nothing like the Kol you remember. He turned his humanity on, Care. He saved my life. After what Damon and Stefan did, I wanted to kill myself. And he stopped me. Then he offered me a new life here. Turns out, he is my mate." I told her. She looked at me and smiled.

"From what I heard on the phone he sounds like a completely different person. Now, tell me about the wedding!" Caroline squealed in happiness.

"Well, at first, it was just supposed to be a disguise, but we both agreed to try it for real. He proposed and everything, oh, Care, it was so romantic. He took me out in this meadow overlooking the lights of New Orleans. He even had a ring! When we got married, he bought my dress, which was 8,000 dollars. It was so beautiful, I will show you both later. Then I had Elijah walk me down the isle, which I was grateful for. The whole thing was over before I even knew it. I love him, Care. I really do." I said, almost in a trance.

"Awe, that sounds so romantic. I'm so happy for you." Caroline said as she jumped up to hug me.

"Thanks Care, now Rebekah, how about you, what is going on in your love life? I mean, since we are all coming clean here." I asked, looking at her, who had just taken a bite of her pizza.

"Well, I have been trying to get back on Matt's good side, but I don't think it will work." She said in kind of a sad voice. I felt bad, she looked genuinely sad.

"You really like him, don't you?" I asked as she looked up at me.

"It's just a hopeless crush, he would never be with me. He doesn't want any part of this supernatural life, and I won't make him. He deserves a happy long human life, the kind of life I couldn't have." Rebekah said as she looked through the movies that Caroline brought.

"I'm sorry, Bekah. I can see that you like Matt a lot. But why don't you let him decide if he wants to be a part of this life?" I said, as i took another bite of my pizza.

"I don't know, Elena. Not every relationship works out like yours." She walked to the freezer and grabbed a blood bag.

"Okay, guys, enough of the downer talk, this is supposed to be a fun night! Now where does Kol hide his liquor. It's time to get this par-tay started!" Caroline said in her usually bubbly voice, changing the mood.

"I think I know! I'll be right back!" I said as flashed up to Kol's office room and found the cabinet that we had stumbled upon during our more...explicit... activities. I grabbed three bottles of whatever was in there and ran back downstairs.

"Got them!" I said, holding the bottles up, one for each of us. I gave them each one and looked at my own.

"Ooh, 1900. This should be interesting!" Caroline said as I noticed mine was 1898.

Ah, I see you have found my liquor darling.

Kol! Have you been spying on my thoughts?

Of course not, darling. Just the occasional peek.

Uh huh, I see you are having fun. Who is Marcel?

Oh, he is one of Nik's old friends, has his own bar, ironically called Vamps. Have fun darling, the 1898 is the best.

I could practically feel him winking in my mind. I laughed silently and looked up to see Caroline staring at me like I lost my mind or something.

"Caroline, I don't believe you have been informed of my brother and Elena's connection." Rebekah told her. She looked over at me with her arms crossed, expecting an explanation.

"Well, apparently when you blood share with your mate, a few times, it forms a kind of connection. We can communicate through our minds and hear eachothers thoughts, when we want to, that is." She looked at me in a kind of shock. She quickly took a long drink from her bottle and put her hands on her head. "What's wrong, Caroline?"

"You said that its if you blood share with your mate, right?" She asked as she took an even longer drink from the bottle.

"Yeah, why? Is there something you aren't telling us?" I asked, curiously.

"Well, I don't know, really. When Tyler bit me, and Klaus gave me his blood, I saw things. What was happening in his mind, everything. Sometimes I think I hear his voice, but its always gone before I can do anything about it." We both looked at her in shock, Rebekah less so than I.

"So that's what Nik meant, earlier." Rebekah said, making me snap out of my shock.

"Caroline, why didn't you say anything sooner?" I asked quickly.

"I thought it was normal. Well, either that or I was going crazy. I chose to think it was normal. But my mind is still reeling, does this mean he is my mate?" She said, downing another huge gulp, at this point, she was going to be plastered in no time.

"Caroline, slow down, you have already drank half the bottle. If you think he is your mate, ask him if he experienced the same thing, or try it again. It's quite addictive." I said, as I took a drink of my own bottle. It was really good, just like he said.

"How about we put some music on, I feel like dancing." Rebekah said, walking into the living room.