Diamond

Kol-POV

Nik and Elijah took me to Marcel's bar, Vamps. However ironic that was, because Marcel was too, a vampire. We had been drinking and talking, but I occasionally took a peek in on Elena's thoughts. I didn't want to leave her by herself, but I knew she needed this. I was in shock when Nik told me that Caroline was there. I was concerned about the word getting out in Mystic Falls, but Nik assured me that she wouldn't say a word.

I could hear Elena thinking about her talk with Caroline and I almost dropped my glass when I heard it.

"Niklaus, I think you have some explaining to do." I looked at him seriously, and he and Elijah looked back at me.

"About what, mate?" He asked laughing.

"Mate, might be the correct term, in the same sentence as oh, lets say, Caroline?" I watched as he nearly choked on his drink.

"What did you just say, brother?" He said, once he finally swallowed his drink.

"My dear wife has just given me a glimpse into their conversation and it seems that Miss Caroline thinks you may be her mate. Something about seeing inside your mind when you gave her your blood?" I asked curiously. He was silent. Elijah looked at him.

"How long, brother?" Elijah asked, clearly meaning how long has he known.

"The moment I ordered Tyler to bite her. I felt the betrayal. I couldn't see straight until I knew she was safe." He said, his head down, speaking low. As soon as he said it he drank the rest of his drink.

"So, if you knew she was your mate, then what's wrong? Why have you not told her?" Elijah asked before I could.

"I have done too much to hurt her, she will never love me the way Elena loves Kol." Nik said to Elijah.

"Niklaus, I have done much worse things then you have ever thought of, and yet Elena chose to forgive me for that. I turned my humanity back on for her. Maybe you should show Caroline that you have one too. From the memories I interrupted, it sounded like she may be forgiving you already, brother. Show her you deserve a chance." I spoke to Nik. He looked at me with almost pleading eyes.

He nodded in acceptance and took a long sip of his drink. A few hours passed by and I was feeling quite inebriated, but I decided to take one last look into Elena's thoughts.

I could tell she was about to pass out, her mind was jumbled, probably from the now empty bottle of bourbon. I was just about to close off the connection when I felt an immense surge of panic flow through her.

Kol, someone is here, at the door. I don't know what to do, Care and Bex are passed out and I can hardly move.

I'm on my way, love. Don't do anything.

I immediately stood up off the couch and headed towards the door of the bar. Nik and Elijah stared at me for a moment, but quickly followed, sensing the fear radiating off of me.

As soon as we were out of the door, I took off at vamp speed. It was only a couple minutes before I arrived at home. I stopped in the woods to see who was at the door.

I looked, and I was completely shocked at what I saw.