O

Elena POV

He bought me a dress. I waited until I heard him close a door down the hall before I opened the garment bag. I gasped as soon as I saw it. I heard him chuckling from a few rooms down. He must have heard my gasp.

It was the most beautiful dress, and exactly my size. How could they have guessed my size? Then, he was an original vampire, born to be sneaky. I took the dress out of the bag and held it up to me in the mirror. It was perfect. I saw a tag hanging from the side. I couldn't help my curiosity. I turned the tag around and I gasped again, much louder this time. Then I heard his soothing voice coming from down the hall.
"Find the price tag, darling?" He said at a normal volume, but I could hear it from across the house. I was starting to like these extras that came with being a vampire.

"You spent 8,000 dollars on a dress!" I yelled back. I knew I didn't have to yell, but I was surprised.

"Didn't even make a small dent, darling. Don't worry, I will show you how much we have after the wedding." He laughed from down the hall. He said we. How much "we" have.

I put the dress on, very carefully. It was strapless, the top, a fitted lace corset, but the bottom wasn't huge, it was a flowing material, probably silk. The bottom wasn't fitted, it was loose enough to fly straight out if I were to spin. The slit came to just above the knee . It was simple, elegant, perfect. I looked at myself in the mirror and wondered how I was going to get the back tied up. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked, knowing Kol would have either just barged in or at least said something.

"It's Lucy. I've come to help with your dress." She said against the door. I opened it, let her in and closed it quickly so that Kol couldn't have any chance at seeing the dress.

"Good morning, Lucy." I said smiling at the woman.

"Good morning, miss Elena. Turn around and I will lace you up. Are you excited?" She asked as I turned around. I was holding my breath because she was a human, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. It must have been from Kols blood in my tea this morning.

"Yes, I am." I said truthfully. Huh, now I felt what it was like to live in the time of corsets. No breathing allowed.

"I hope you like the dress and the ring, Mr. Mikaelson had very specific instructions on what to get for you." She said as she finished up the last lace.

"I love them both, they are perfect, thank you." I said as I sat on the stool in front of the vanity.

"He loves you, dear. I can see it in his eyes." She said, now brushing my hair. I had completely forgotten that he could hear us from down the hall.

"I think I may love him as well." I said more to myself than her.

Kol POV

I was listening to Elena and Lucy's conversation down the hall, and I heard Lucy telling Elena that she could see I was in love with her. Then Elena said it.

"I think I may love him as well." I could hear clear as day. By that time, I already had my suit on, looking out the window. I froze. She was falling in love with me, the monster, after 2 days of being together. I couldn't say much, I knew I was in love with her. It was the strongest emotion I felt ever since I turned my humanity back on.

I heard the front door open and looked at my watch. 11:30 on the dot. I ran downstairs at vampire speed, to see Elijah waiting in front of the door.

"Elijah, would you mind entertaining Elena for a few minutes, I just have to go pick something up really quick. Don't worry, I won't be late for my own wedding." I asked him and he nodded. I ran out the door.