Hihi

"Now if only we knew how they came to be, I mean, clearly its possible. But should we be worried about other hybrid children running about from the last 9 centuries?" Nik spoke questioningly.

"Uncle Nik, you're silly! I heard you and Daddy explaining it back at home. It can only happen if you are with your mate on a full moon, and are special, like us!" I was shocked she knew so much. So thats how it happened, which would explain why Elena isn't pregnant yet. So you had to be a hybrid, with your mate, on a full moon. That would make sense, because as a hybrid, you aren't fully dead. I have my magic side and Nik has his werewolf side.

"Well that answers my question." Nik said, recieving glares from Caroline at his previous statement. Just then, Rebekah walked through the door with bags everywhere. She saw us all sitting there, Caroline still with a slightly shocked look on her face, and Nik with his head in his hands.

"Ok, what did I miss?" She said, putting the bags down and putting her hands on her hips.

"Quite a lot, actually." Nik said, not lifting his head. I looked to her and smiled.

"Apparently, sister, we will not have one, but two children in the family." I said, making her eyes widen in shock.

"What? Does she have a sibling?" Rebekah said, motioning to Aurelia who started giggling.

"Nope." I said, pointing at Nik and Caroline.

"Wait, so Nik, you are going to have a child too? When?" She asked suddenly.

"About 8 or so months, give or take a few days." Nik said, looking up at Rebekah.

"Oh, wait, that would mean- Caroline's pregnant?!" She said, flashing over in front of Caroline.

"Apparently." Caroline said to Rebekah, still shocked.

"Henrik." Nik said out of nowhere.

"What did you say?" Rebekah asked, clearly thinking she heard him wrong.

"His name will be Henrik." Nik explained. Rebekah ran up to him and hugged him, happy about the statement.

"And how did we find this out?" Rebekah said, eyeing Aurelia suspiciously, with a smile.

"Your neice keeps telling us new things about the future. Did you get her some clothes?" I said, looking at the many bags she had set down by the door.

"Of course I did. Everything you could ever need, darling." She said to Aurelia who got s excited and squealed in delight, jumping off my lap and running to Rebekah.

"Rebekah, she will only be here for five days, did you really need to get a years worth of clothes?" I asked, watching as Aurelia started sifting through the bags in awe, throwing clothes everywhere.

"What else did you expect?" Rebekah said. It was true, she did tend to go crazy with money and clothes. I watched as Aurelia picked out an outfit she wanted to wear. She looked so excited.

"Mummy, I need a bath. Can you help me?" Aurelia said, running up to Elena with her new clothes. I could tell Elena still wasn't used to the idea of being a mom.

You will do fine, darling. It will come to you, it is instinct.

How do you always know what to say?

I'm just that good, my love.

"Alright, let's go upstairs. Bekah, can you take her clothes to her room?" Elena said, holding our daughters hand, walking towards the stairs. Rebekah nodded and I stayed downstairs with Nik and Elijah while Caroline went to help Elena.

Nik was sitting with his head in his hands and Elijah was just looking out the window, standing up. So far, he was the only one who didn't have a surprise. We sat in silence for a long time. I could hear the girls having fun upstairs, something about bubbles. After about another 10-15 minutes of silence, I could hear the girls coming back downstairs.

"Whoever thought that three Original vampires, two of which have the biggest mouths ever, would be speechless?" Caroline said, walking down the stairs in different clothes than before, Elena, Aurelia, and Rebekah behind her, all in different clothes.

"It's a lot of information for us to grasp, sweetheart." Nik said to Caroline, I nodded. It was true, it had been an overload of information.

"Guess you are starting to show your age then, Mr. I-have-lived-a-thousand-years-and-know-everything. Now stop with the shock thing, I'm hungry, and since you are the one that knocked me up, you get to make me food. NOW." Caroline smirked at Nik as she finished her rant. I was honestly surprised, everyone who had ever told Nik to do anything was left with no heart afterwards, and yet this one 18 year old girl has him whipped beyond belief. He nodded to her and walked into the kitchen.

"Daddy, Daddy! Do you like my new clothes?!" Aurelia said, running up to me and twirling around for me to see.

"Yes, darling. You look beautiful, just like your mummy." I said, winking at Elena as I picked up our daughter.

"Oh daddy, we had so much fun in the bubbles!" She said as I threw her up in the air and caught her.

After we all had dinner, I could tell Aurelia was tired, so I carried her upstairs to her temporary room, and laid her on the bed. She was asleep before I even left the room.

The next day went by fast. We played around the house, vampire hide and seek, and Aurelia showed us some of the magic she knew. The day was over before we knew it.

The next morning, I woke to hear Elena talking in her sleep. I closed my eyes and let myself form the connection with her.

"No, dad, mom! Don't leave me!" Elena yelled as the car filled with water quickly. Soon she was completely under water, holding her breath. The doors wouldn't open, they were all going to die in the watery grave. She was holding her father's hand, and she soon went limp, only to wake up in the hospital some time later, without her parents.

I pulled myself out of her dream and shook her awake.

"Elena, wake up." I said as I watched her eyes slowly open to look at me, tears glistening. I knew it wasn't just a nightmare, it was a memory. I wrapped my arms around her to comfort her, stroking her hair as she quickly fell back into an undisturbed sleep. I was almost asleep when I heard someone at our door. I could tell it was Aurelia before she even opened it. I hadn't even noticed that I had lit all of the candles in the room without even trying. Aurelia pushed open the door and walked over to me quietly. She was rubbing her eyes, clearly still tired.

"What's the matter, darling?" I asked her as I pulled her up next to me on the bed.

"Daddy, don't hate me... I love it here, I really do, but I miss home." She said into my chest. It was understandable, she was in a different time, things weren't the same, we weren't the same. She was used to a schedule, and that was disrupted, no children like when their schedule is disrupted.

"I could never hate you, darling. You will be back home in a couple more days and then everything will be back to normal, I promise. You are a very strong girl, and you have handled things so well. I am proud of you. You are a Mikaelson, and us Mikaelson's stay strong, always and forever." I told her. She snuggled in closer to me.

"Can I stay with you for a little bit, daddy?" She asked.

"As long as you want." I said, pulling the covers over her and laying back down with her in between Elena and I. She curled into my side and quickly fell asleep.