Wow

4 years later-

"She'll be fine, Elena." I kept telling her over and over. It had been 5 days since Aurelia had sent herself back in time, and I was bringing her back tonight.

"Kol, how can you be so calm?! We knew what would happen up until now, after this, its a blank slate! How do we even know she will arrive back?!" Elena said, officially freaking out.

"Darling, you wound me. My abilities are far greater than you are putting them out to be, have a little faith in your husband, alright? I will bring our daughter home with no complications." I reassured her.

"I really wish she hadn't done this at the exact moment she did. I mean, I'm going to pop at any given moment, and all the stress is not exactly good for us." Elena said as she heaved herself onto the couch.

I looked at my wife, now heavily pregnant with our second miracle child, and thought about just how beautiful she was. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and the sound of footsteps running up the stairs.

"Uncle! When will Ari be back?!" The young boy with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes asked as he came running into the room.

"Henrik, you need to let Uncle Kol focus, remember?" I heard Caroline as she walked in behind the boy, Nik directly behind them both. I leaned down to Henrik's level and ruffled his curly locks.

"Ari will be back very soon, I promise." I told him with a smile.

"How are things holding up, Elena?" Caroline asked, walking over to her best friend.

"I'm freaking out! Its one thing that I'm about to explode, but its another that my daughter is being brought back from the past and I don't know if she'll make it back! I mean, I know we saw her disappear, but what if she doesn't show up?!" Elena told Caroline.

"Any day now?" Nik leaned over and asked me, eyeing Elena.

"The way she's going it's looking to be more like hours. I'll be lucky if I get Ari home before she has the baby. That's why I called you over. I need you both to keep an eye on her while I do this spell." I whispered back to Nik, thankful the girls were talking and not listening to us.

"Got it." Nik said, walking over to put his arm around Caroline as they sat on the couch, letting Henrik sit on his lap.

I could tell that Elena had been very uncomfortable all day, I knew it would be soon, if she hadn't already started having contractions and just hadn't told me.

I looked at my watch, only 10 minutes to go before I could bring her back. I flashed to her room and pulled some hair from her brush, putting it in the wooden bowl I had, then flashed back to Elena.

"I need a drop of blood from the both of us." I told her quickly and she held out her hand, letting me poke the tip of her finger with the dagger before I did my own.

I walked back over to the circle on the floor and placed the bowl in the middle before I saw Nik walking up to me.

"She's in labor." Nik told me, knowing that I needed to know, but it also made it more difficult to concentrate.

"How do you know?" I asked quickly.

"I'm a wolf, brother, I can smell these sorts of things." He told me.

"She's been hiding it, I've suspected all day, but she's too worried to tell me because I need to focus. I've got 5 minutes, brother. I just need 5 minutes." I told him sounding worried.

"Don't worry, little brother, everything will be fine." Nik said as he grabbed my shoulder before walking back over to Elena and Caroline.

It was finally time to do the spell. I sat in the circle, in front of the bowl, chanting the magic needed to bring her back. Within a minute, my baby girl was laying in my lap sound asleep.

"It worked!" I yelled back, not even realizing that no one was behind me any longer. I didn't have to wonder where they were for long, because I could hear Elena's cries from the bedroom.

I quickly carried Aurelia into the room, seeing Elena sprawled on the bed with Caroline helping her quickly undress. The moment she saw that Aurelia was safe, she relaxed and finally admitted that she was in labor.

"Go lay her down in her bed and take Henrik with you, he doesn't need to see this." I told Nik, handing Aurelia to him, careful not to wake her.

"Good luck, mate." Was his reply as he carried my sleeping daughter to her room.

"She needs to push, she's already that close." Caroline told me as I walked up to hold Elena's hand. She literally crushed my hand (that luckily heals rather fast) while pushing, but after only 10 minutes, our second child was born.

"Grayson. Grayson Alaric Mikaelson." Elena said as she held our new son. She quickly passed him over to me and I held him carefully, almost forgetting what it was like to hold a newborn. He was so small, couldn't be more than 8 pounds.

"My son." I whispered to him, a tear trailing from my eyes.

After only a few minutes, I heard the telltale sound of two sets of small footsteps running in our direction and I knew my little Ari was awake.

"Daddy!" She squealed as she ran into the room, running to hug me.

"Aurelia, before we discuss what happened, Mummy and I want you to meet someone." I told her, leading her over to where Elena was laying down with Grayson.

"Is that the baby that was in Mummy's belly?" She asked, clearly excited.

"Yes, darling. That is Grayson, your little brother." I told her.

"Gracie!" She squealed happily, even though it came out wrong. I laughed and watched as she climbed up to sit beside her mother and little brother. I couldn't believe how lucky I was.

This was my family.