How?

"We have a daughter. Kol, we have a daughter! How is it possible? I mean, obviously she isn't adopted. A vampire/witch. And you, mister, have a lot of explaining to do. A witch? Why didn't you ever tell me? And what did Aurelia mean by you are still a witch? I'm so confused." She said all in one breath as we got undressed and turned the shower on.

"Darling, I found out I was a witch when I was 16. I didn't tell my siblings, only mother and Ayanna knew. When we turned, I thought I had lost my power, because of the balance of nature. Losing it was a big part of my decision to turn off my humanity. Of course when you turn it off, any connection to nature is lost, because it is a part of humanity. I never thought to try it before I turned it off. I didn't tell you for the same reason I didn't tell my siblings. I thought it irrelevant, it was the past, love." I told her, as we got into the shower.

"Well are you going to test it out, see if it's true?" She asked. Honestly, I wanted to try, but I didn't want to. My future self said it would work, but I had my doubts. There was no way the spirits would be happy with me after a thousand years of murder.

I closed my eyes and thought about the soap on the counter, next to the sink. I opened my eyes and concentrated all my will power to move the soap towards me. Before I knew it, the soap was floating towards me, and landed in my hand. I couldn't believe it. I still had my magic.

"Well, I guess that proves it. So much has happened today. We found out that we have a vampire/witch hybrid daughter in the future and you are also a vampire/witch hybrid. What else are we going to find out, that I'm pregnant?" Elena said, sighing. As soon as she said it, I immediately thought about Aurelia's age and when she came from. She was four and a half, and she came from 2018. That meant she was born in 2014. If only we knew her birthdate. I made a mental note to ask her about it later.

"Kol, you don't think?" She started, but couldn't finish.

"Elena, I don't know, but I do know she was born in 2014. It was already the end of March. If she came here from April of 2018, pregnancy is 9 months and she is almost 4 and a half. That means she was born probably in January of 2014." I said as I figured everything up in my head.

"That means that either I'm already pregnant or will get pregnant very soon. Kol, we are going to be parents!" Elena said, completely in shock again.

"Darling, right now, we already are. And we have a beautiful and very talented daughter. She looks just like you, you know. And she is very smart for her age. I don't know how any of this is possible, but it is. She will be with us for 5 days and during that time we will just be the best parents we can be. I know nothing about being a parent, and I obviously didn't have the best role models, but I already know that I love that little girl, and I would do anything to protect her, just like it is with you." I told her, letting the words sink into myself as well.

"You're right. I feel the connection with her. It's all just such a shock for me, I thought that opportunity was taken away from me when I died and became a vampire. To just have our daughter appear out of nowhere and tell us everything, it's just so much. I am just getting used to the heightened emotions, and this is an overload. I feel like I won't be good enough for her, that I won't be like the mother she knows." Elena said almost in tears, getting out of the shower.

"Elena Mikaelson, the mother that she knows is you. It is the same you as right now, just a few years older. Sure, we both know nothing of being parents right now, but we will try our best. And we have the entire family here to help, so never say those things again." I told her, holding onto her shoulders.

"Okay." She said, wiping her eyes and pulling on her clothes. "Speaking of family, she called Caroline auntie, what do you think that is about?" She asked, finally cheering up a little.

"I think I have an idea, considering my brother is in love with the girl and she is his mate." I spoke before realizing what I had just said. She looked at me with her eyes wide.

"He knows that she is his mate?!" She almost yelled, but I quieted her before she could wake up Aurelia.

"He suspected but your conversation with Miss Caroline last night confirmed it." I told her, earning a punch in the arm.

"I knew you were in my mind, is he going to tell her?" She asked quickly. I looked at her and smiled.

"Of course, darling." I told her as I finished getting my clothes on. I could hear Aurelia starting to stir. I hadn't realized how long we had been in there. Her breath quickly evened back out as she fell back asleep. I'm sure doing that much magic would make her extremely tired, I was amazed that she could even do that much at such a young age. I had never heard of any witch time traveling. She needed her rest.

Elena and I both flashed out of the bathroom, straight downstairs, so as to not wake her up. Elijah was sitting on the couch, reading a book when we got to the living room.

"So, this morning has been quite eventful." Elijah said, putting his book down. Elena and I both sat on the other couch.

"I think that is an understatement." I said back to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"So how does it feel to be parents?" He asked curiously.

"Honestly, it's kind of surreal right now. Like we know she is ours, but she's not actually ours yet." Elena answered. I agreed, that was exactly how it felt.

"I assume you have calculated the timeline by now, correct?" Elijah asked, directed towards me.

"Yes, we are planning to ask her birthdate when she wakes. She must have used a great deal of magic to get here, we thought it best to let her rest.

"Indeed, she is very talented, a prodigy. I have never heard of anyone being able to time travel, yet a four year old accomplished it on accident. It's incredible."

"That's four and a half, Uncle 'lijah." I heard from the stairs. I looked up just in time to see Aurelia flash down to us at vampire speed.

"I stand corrected." Elijah pointed out. I laughed, then looked at Aurelia who was climbing into my lap.

"I don't think I will ever get used to seeing you flashing around here at vampire speed, darling. But I could get used to you correcting your Uncle 'lijah." I said laughing. Elena laughed as well.

"You will get used to it daddy, we have races all the time. I always win! And Uncle 'lijah, you are being stiff. You aren't a board, are you?" I burst out laughing at her comment, which earned a chuckle from Elijah as well.

"My, my, you are your father's daughter, that's for sure." Elijah said still chuckling.

"That's what they tell me. Everyone says I look just like mummy but act exactly like daddy!" I raised my eyebrows at the comment, wondering just how much like me she really was.

"So tell us more about you, darling." I said to the little girl in my lap, curious about everything.

"Well, I am a vampire, but not a normal one. I have never drank from a human, only blood bags and when I was a baby, mummy and daddy had to put some of their blood in my milk. I was born, not created, so I'm the only 'living' vampire, I've never died." I cringed at the thought of death escaping my daughters lips. "Since mummy stopped aging at 18 and daddy at 19, I should stop aging at around 18 and a half, closer to 19 since daddy was almost 20. Sorry daddy, but everyone calls you and mummy the 'eternal teen parents' at home." My eyes widened. My siblings knew how it pushed my buttons when they called me a teenager, considering I was so close to my birthday when we were turned. They would use that against me.

"You and Mummy have taught me lots of different languages, mostly you, because mummy is still learning too. My birthday is January 1st! Ooh I hear Auntie Care and Uncle Nik coming! I wish Henrik was here with me!" I looked down at her with my eyes wide, as well as Elijah and a few seconds later, Nik as well. She quickly put her hand to her mouth, clearly not meaning to say something.

"What did you say, darling?" I asked, not knowing if my ears had heard correctly.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." She quickly said, looking up at me with pleading eyes.