Chapter 27

As the four got into the car and drove to Barry's apartment Marintte wouldn't believe all things she had seen Central City was very different from Paris and it scared her a little that it was not like her home at all, it had different buildings, p...

As the four got into the car and drove to Barry's apartment Marintte wouldn't believe all things she had seen Central City was very different from Paris and it scared her a little that it was not like her home at all, it had different buildings, people and everyone she had grown up with since her first day of kindergarten weren't going to be in her class like at her old school.

"Excited to see your new home?" Narry asked and she nodded looking out of the window again. "You see that building that's Central City Police Department, Joe and I work there" Barry said Marinette looked at the building then back at her dad "are you a cop like Joe?" she asked.

"No I'm a CSI '' he replied and she tilted her head to the side clearly unsure of what that was. "Don't worry your dads a scientist, he helps the police by finding out what happened" Iris explained "cool, you're like a detective" she said and he chuckled ruffling her hair.

Marinette turned to Iris and asked "what do you do?" The Irish looked at her, "I'm a reporter, I write stories that are read in newspapers." she said "cool, what kind of stories have you written" she asks "I write about the Flash he's a superhero here" Iris tells her.

Joe and Barry give Iris a look and she gives them a one that says I know, "who's the flash?" Marinette is curious about who the superhero is. "Flash saves people who are in trouble. He runs so fast you can't even see him but you can see this yellow lightning as he runs past and you feel a gust of wind fly by when he runs." she says and Marinette looks at him in awe clearly intrigued by the hero.

"What does he look like?" she asks and a small smile makes its way to Barry's face "well he has a red suit with a gold lightning symbol in the middle he has a cowl and the only part you can see is his eyes and mouth" she told quickly grabbing her phone to show the child what the hero looked like.

"Who's under the mask?" she asked and everyone tensed thank goodness she didn't notice it, Barry looked towards and mouthed "don't tell her" and she silently agreed he had told her before they were going to meet with everyone else that she wasn't going to be part of this life and that Marinette was staying out of the hero life.

"Nobody knows, no one has ever seen him without his mask. All that we know is he's a hero and has saved many people, nothing else" Iris says and Barry let out a breath he didn;t know he was holding.

Before they could say anything else they had arrived at the apartment. As they make their way into the elevator with all their luggage Marinett looks toward the team "can I [press the button?" she asks "press number 7" Joe tells him and Marinette stands on her tippy toes trying to reach the button.

Once they got to the apartment Barry opened the door Marinette walked to the door and near the window where you could see most of the city. "It's different isn't it? Joe asks Marinette as he looked at the view with her Barry and Iris had brought the luggage inside.

Barry had just let Tikki out of her cage, she walked out and went to Marinette wrapping her tail around the young girl's legs. Marinett Picked her up and patted her while she held her, "who's this little fella?" Joe asked, looking at the kitten in his granddaughter's arms.

"This Tikki mama got her as a birthday gift for me last year. Do you want to hold her?" the child asked him and he nodded carefully taking the kitten in his arms he stroked her and Tikki purred.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the wait. I know this chapter is short and was supposed to come out a few days ago. So long story I was in a rush and pressed save instead of publish and I haven't been on Wattpad in a couple of days so I didn't notice till someone asked me to update and when I went to see where I left off I found out that I never published this chapter.

To make up for this the next chapter will be longer and will have pictures of the new apartment.

Enjoy reading.