Some Mended , Some Broken

Next Chapter ... Here we go ... enjoy

" Hey Red ! Let's have a talk . . ." shouted the Sinnoh Champion to Ash while he was going back to another class .

"I have nothing to talk to you Miss Champion . " Ash said calmly , but in a deep sorrowful voice .
He turned his back and started going to his class again .

"Ash Ketchum , I need to have a talk with you . " said Cynthia . This stopped Ash mid tracks . He knew that Cynthia knew as Prof Sycamore had told him . 

"Then you are searching for a wrong individual , I am Red Tenzo . . ." Ash replied sternly in a cold voice .

He knew Cynthia would comment on his battling style today with Trevor . But he couldn't help it , it was as if another version of himself made it on the pitch and tried to crush him slowly .
Even though he hated keeping grudges against someone , the new Ash took revenge as its counter - measure .  It was his way of keeping himself cool . 

" Ash what happened to you ? " Cynthia came close and kept a hand on Red 's shoulder .

" The Ash you are talking about is dead . He will never come back . " Ash said with a harsh tone to give a sense of intimidation to Cynthia .

"Ash , this is unlike of you . . . " replied Cynthia with a rather sad tone . 

" Miss Cynthia , as if you don't know what happened ... But if you want to hear it full , you can just talk to my so called 'friends' in private . They would have some tits and bits of my story . Now leave me . . . " 

Cynthia enquired now , rather harshly - " Ash . . . You need to tell me what happened , you were such a bright child . . ." She made his grips tight on Ash's shoulder to force him to tell the truth .

"My Life happened to me . . . Damn it !! . . . " Ash shot up showing his whole face with bare emotions flowing out of his face . His eyes showed insomnia . His face swollen and eyes having  a tint of red , as if drugged and many scars up his face . 

"Ash . . ." Cynthia gasped at the sight . She had never seen such an broken face in her life ever. She had known Ash from the Sinnoh Region ,and how he ascended rapidly into the champion league . She had seen those burning eyes which showed their passion for battling . Being a Pokémon Battler herself , she knew how a trainer reacts to different conditions . But Ash , considered the person he was , didn't deserve the condition he was in . 

The sight of the face also reminded her of an familiar event . She saw Ash being kicked out claiming to be Sinnoh Champion , and she even talked to her officials regarding this . But the data was gone , his friends , his video proof at the conference was all deleted . Cynthia spent nights looking out for the mystery and even tried getting in contact with him . But things went downhill , Ash got defamed , his trainer ID banned and he was a public enemy now .

"Miss Cynthia , I have no grudges against you . . . you tried your best to prove me correct at the Sinnoh League , but considered to the trainer I am , I think I don't deserve it . " Ash replied calmly yet with a slow sorrow tone . 

" You see , my world has turned upside down since the demise of my beloved Pokémon and my Mom , so I no longer have a dream . . .  I will just do something with my life . . . You handle your title . " He added as he released himself from Cynthia's Clutches over his shoulder . 

" Have a nice day . . ." Ash said and walked slowly leaving the place . 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Red . . .Nice Battle but  You are Late . " said a girl with pink hair , she was the former Kalos Queen , Aria .

" Thanks , Some Work sprang up . . ." Ash said while walking casually .

"Red , Gary is waiting at the Cafeteria , you wanna come ? " She asked .

"No I will pass . . . " Ash said as he shrugged his shoulders .

"Ok , we will meet you later . . ." Aria replied with a grin and ran in the other direction .

ASH POV

Aria and Gary are my colleagues . Well they are actually friends . I guess Gary Oak has somewhat an attraction towards her , but Aria has a minute infatuation over me . So I cut it out . Maybe they would be soulmates , who knew . The Great Oak tree may have a chance with  the Kalos beauty . 
Aria met when I was going back home and she was shopping perhaps . She told that I was a great battler . Well she was academically good and I didn't mind increasing my friend circle so yeah she is a friend . Sorry , Colleague .

"Lets Make to the Field .  " 

The bleachers was my favorite spot . Calm , peaceful , away from tensions and especially noise . It made introspection easy . I would easily attain Inner peace if I stayed here like a Yoga guru for 10 years or so . But the silence did reminder me of previous events . You can't bring yourself  inner peace if you don't introspect and understand each aspect of your work . your Karma .

                                                               " Ichi you rai fuku "

                                                "Good things come after bad  "

Was the quote worth it ? I mean I have seen in my earlier life that good things do come even how much bad situations turn up . But the later part of my life didn't justify that . I don't know even what my aim is now ? I gave up my sole dream . My dream of becoming Pokémon Master . Though many people laughed at me , teased me , but I stayed strong . But now I am no more than a withered flower . Lucario , Charizard , Sceptile , Infernape , Pikachu , Greninja ,Gardevoir  all want to battle so hard , but all I am doing is pushing back . They have become super strong , maybe one day they will realize , maybe one day they will push through and tell me that I was of no use . 

I was not able to save my family , my Pokémon , not even Serena's mother even I knew that it would happen fast . Serena would be probably hating me for now , but I can't do it . . .
I am weak . . . I am nothing but a failure . . .

" Ash Ketchum , How dare you say that ? " came a voice . It was familiar , I knew who it was but I didn't turn around . Did I say that aloud ? She would be probably in love with Trevor after all .

"Ash , I miss you . . . " She said . Her voice seemed Torn , crying ? Why was she crying ? 

I turned my head and closed my mouth in utter disbelief . 

Serena 

Her Top half torn , skirt torn , bruised marks on face and hands , and a black eye . She was holding one of her hands as if it was broken ? 

"Serena . . ." I rushed towards her embracing a hug . "Serena who did this to you ? I will kill him "
Adrenaline rushed through my body with anger . But Serena was in a more difficult position . She needed care . 

"Serena come here sit . . . " I grabbed my backpack and searched for instant band aids , healers and cotton cloth . Evidently they were with me cause I always carried them for emergency . 

"Ash . . . Believe me . . . It was a misunderstanding , but now I have realized my mistake . . ." She told as I was covering her wounds with antiseptic using cotton . The bruises were fresh . Something happened in the break time . 

" Serena , don't apologize . . . I am here . . ."  I said as I covered her knee wound with band aid . 

She winced a little at the bruises and cuts but I covered them all . Now all remained was her hand and her one eye . 

"Serena show me your hand . . . " I told and she lifted up . It was slightly swollen so only a sprain , good .  Now I had to get just ice and give her a break . 

"Serena , you stay here , I will get some ice from the Cafeteria . . . " I said as I stood up from the bench . But then a hand came over to my right hand . 

"Ash . . . Please forgive me . . . " She said . 

A tough girl alright ? She didn't care about her bruises and pain but rather for me to accept an apology from her .  Was I still important to her ? Didn't she lose hope in the last 10 days we didn't talk ? 

"We will talk that later Sere , let me get you some Ice first . I need to make sure you are good of health . " I said with a slight heavy tone . 

"Ok .. " She nodded with a slight frown on her face . 

I brought back the ice pack and sat near her . She was thinking something deeply . Deep thinking 

"Serena , take this ice pack keep it on your hand , and for eyes , lay down here ... Let me handle it . "

"Ok Ash . . . "

Once I was done , her blue black eye was somewhat fine and her sprain had recovered . I didn't notice but we had spend like 2 hours on the bleachers here . She was resting on my lap, probably sleeping and I was caressing her honey blonde hair . Serena was beaten up no doubt , but by whom ? and how did she know I was here . Coincidence maybe . 

"Ash . . . ? " She spoke softly .

" mm hm . . . ? " 

" I am sorry . . . " She replied . 

"Serena , we are a family right . . . no worries . . . " I responded with a light chuckle .

"Thank you very much Ash . . . " She replied as she dug in more closely on my thighs . 

"hmm . . . Serena ? " I asked .

"Yes Ash . . . " 

"Do you still love me ? " 

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES . . .

Heeya !! another chapter done ... Liked it ? Mention in the comments , Be sure to upvote .  I will meet ya in the next one ... bbye...

PEACE✌️