Chapter Twelve

{doing a bit of a time skip}

The Arrow. That's what was all over the news for weeks now, he got more air time then the Kardashians! The Arrow was all Rebecca could think about, he made her curious. Becca kind of fancied him, one could say. The young woman was sitting in her office at the top of Merlyn Towers, working a late night shift when a glass window broke open and a man in a green hood with a bow bursts in. Merlyn ran right out his office and faced the Arrow. "Malcolm Merlyn!" The gruff, deep voice sounded through the room. "You have failed this city." He pulled a metal, green, extremely pointy arrow back and it went flying towards Merlyn, Becca wasn't even thinking when she dove in front of her boss. Her black hair blowing all over the place, she felt her red lips purse as the arrow pierces her skin and dug into her shoulder, burying itself there. The woman shrieks in pain, as blood flow from the wound. "I just saved your ass." Is the last words she utters before falling unconscious. "Rebecca!" Oliver's voice was actually his as he rushed over, the only reason he used his actual voice is because Merlyn had fled a moment before.
He scooped her up into his arm, bridal style and laid her head in his shoulder. Oliver shot a grappler arrow and strung it across to the side of another building, one closer to Diggle and the van. He carefully mounted the the rope and swung down, he gripped Becca tightly so he wouldn't drop her. He arrived quickly and hopped off onto the concrete ground. John turned around. "Oliver, what he hell?!" Diggle whispered harshly to Oliver, gesturing towards the woman in his arms. "An old friend, I shot her with an arrow. It was aimed for Merlyn and she jumped in front." He said rushed and stuck her in the back of the black van. "Let's go back to Verdant." He says sternly, John nods and drives quickly to Verdant. Surely breaking some speed limits along the away. They walked into the 'cave' through the back entrance and Oliver laid Rebecca down on the 'operation' table. "Sorry sweetheart, but you need to be awake for this." He mumbled and pours cold water on her face. Rebecca rocketed up, but laid back in pain from her shoulder. She glanced over and saw An arrow lodged in her shoulder, and gasped more in shock than pain. "Hey. Hey." Oliver's soft voice rang out, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Lay back and relax." He demands and she obeys, lying back onto the cold metal table. "This is really gonna hurt." He warns, she was about to close her eyes when she noticed the green hood and green leather outfit. "Y-your the Arrow." She said shocked. "Yes. Yes. I know." He said a bit agitated. "I need to get this arrow out before it does more harm." He added, Rebecca decided to keep her questions to a minimum until he retrieved the arrow. Her sopping wet hair, fell off the table and she closed her blue eyes. "This is gonna hurt. A lot." Oliver said, the woman noted that he didn't speak in full sentences in stressfully situation. She nodded and took a deep breath. "Just. Do. It." She growled and he gripped the arrow with one rough, callously hand and yanked the arrow out without hesitation. A shriek of pain escaped Becca's mouth as he did so. "God." She mumbles, not knowing what to say after that. "Thank you. But I have so many questions." She adds. "Whatever questions you have can be answered later, your obviously in pain and you need help." He says simply and grabs a needle and sticks it in. "It's just some ladicane, to numb the pain." Oliver explained, his blonde hair filled with droplets of sweat and grease paint still on his face. "I'm going to go change." He says awkwardly and comes back in sweatpants and a white shirt. Rebecca was asleep on the table when he came back, he noticed she looked like an angel when she was sleeping. He noticed blood steadily coming out of a wound of sorts on her stomach. "Please don't hate me." He mumbled and ripped her shirt to get a better view of the wound. Under the shirt revealed a six pack of abs and a rather large gash on her stomach that appeared to have been reopened. Now he had questions for her. Upon further examination, she looked like she worked out a lot. Muscles defined and her body slim. Oliver quickly cleaned up the gash and covered her back up, she was a heavy sleeper. Rebecca woke up a few hours later, with a stifled groan. Oliver say in a chair, facing her. "Hey." He said to her with a small smile playing on his face. "Welcome to the foundry." He adds.