Chapter Eleven

{5 years later}
Rebecca couldn't believe what she was hearing, this was impossible. There was no way Oliver was still alive. It makes no sense, she went to his funeral. But the news told her otherwise. The headline being 'Missing Billionare Oliver Queen, found after five years'
Rebecca had already moved on with your life, she got a job in Starling City though. She wasn't going to go bombard him now, he needed to adjust and so did she.
{the next day}
The young woman wakes up early the next morning and starts to get ready for work. After throwing on a yellow dress with purple flowers on it and yanking on some tan heels she was out the door. The dress hugged her curves perfectly, her hair curled and draped on her shoulders. She couldn't be late today. Today there is a rather large mixer/meeting at Queen Mansion.....
QUEEN MANSION?!?! How did this not hit Rebecca before? She was gonna have to face Oliver, the new Oliver. Rebecca was the Vice President of Merlyn Global and herself and Mr. Merlyn we're going to represent their company today. Hopping into her car she drove off to Queen Mansion, after picking up her boss. They drove together in silence. After clearing his throat Malcolm spoke. "Ms. Allen." He said formally. "This is a rather important meeting and I would prefer you wouldn't screw it up."
Well that was a bit rude she told herself. She nods in response, "yes. Of course." The woman said nervously. A bit later they arrived at Queen Mansion, she stepped out of the car and walked into the the mansion. As always, Rebecca's breathe was taken away when she took in her surroundings. The large paintings, golden stair cases, chandeliers taller than herself, all the people in fancy clothing. When she spotted Oliver the whole world melted away. He was standing at the top of the stairs, in a black suit and striped tie, his hair tame and Golden, his piercing blue eyes looking down at her, a soft smile on his face. She shook her head, despite the comfort of the man. She had to focus on business right now. Mr. Queen made his way slowly down the stairs, not removing his eyes from Rebecca. Heat grew on her face as everyone was looking at her and Oliver. "Mr. Queen." She says formally. "Miss Allen." He replied and pulled into a hug. She took a deep breathe taking him in. He spelt like old spice and something distinctively male. "It's been too long." She whispers, tears pricking her eyes. "Hey. I know, it's okay." He murmurs back. Rebecca pulled out of the hug, her vision blurry from the oncoming tears. She quickly walked off to the dining room with Merlyn and sat down next to him and another business man. The conversations got very heated and she needed to slip away for a bit, letting Malcolm handle this for now. As she was walking out of the room, she ran into someone holding a coffee. The scolding hot murky brown liquid spilled all down her brand new dress. She jumped back with a squeal, her eyes widened. "Oh dear." The woman who she ran into gasped. "I am so sorry!" Rebecca pleads softly as she rushes over to the kitchen to try and clean herself off. Great! She probably ruined her only chance to impress Malcom, make his decision to make her VP worth it. Oliver stood in the door way. "You okay?" His voice was surprisingly soft, not as intense nor serious. "I-yeah." Rebecca stutters. "Other than ruining my chances of any sort of raise or promotion, I'm fine." She adds dully. "Don't worry about Merlyn, he's an asshole." Oliver chuckled dryly and Rebecca soon joined him in the chuckling. "Your so right!" She agrees. He places his hand on top of hers as she tries to clean off the dress. "Here let me." He says. Rebecca tenses up a bit but allows him to help her. Just then a man walked in, "Mr. Queen, Ms. Allen, you two are needed in the main room."
"Alright. Thank you Diggle." Oliver said, plastering a fake smile on his face and stood up and grabbed her hand. "Come on." He whispered and lead her into the main room where I was met by Mrs. Queen and Mr. Steele and Mr. Merlyn. "I-um." She didn't know what to say, they glanced at the pair. She blushed. "We should be going. We aren't welcome in the Queen household." Malcom said almost agitated. Rebecca started to protest when Malcom grabbed her wrist roughly and started to walk out of the house. "What is going on?" Oliver asked concerned, but they were already gone. "Malcom Merlyn and his little protégé aren't welcome here." Moira said formally and walked off with Walter.