Chapter Five

Saying good bye was always the hardest! The young girl, fresh out of high school was about to be on her way to Yale.

Rebecca had gotten a full ride, which made things much easier on Joe. She could only imagine how hard it was to raise three children on one salary. She wasn't about to let him pay for her to go to college, so she kept her grades up and sent out tons of applications for scholarships and she got one!

Her scholarship was for science, which was her passion. It was also Barry's passion, but he became a CSI instead. Rebecca also planned on taking classes in business as she hoped to one day be a part of a large company.

She finishes packing her things into the small car. She stands in front of the home she grew up in most of her life, the memories, heartbreaks, birthdays. She was growing up and the last piece of that puzzle was when she starts drives away. Rebecca hugged Barry first "Hey don't be scared." He whispered softly in her ear.

Then she hugged Joe "Bye Joe."

She smiled. Tears stung the girls eyes, she wasn't gonna cry, not now At least. Not in front of everyone, that would be borderline insane. She gets into her car, with one last final look at the house and the people standing in front of the drive way waving her goodbye, she drove away.

The drive was long and monotonous. With no one to talk to she blares the radio loudly with her favorite songs. It was nothing but her, the long street, and Bon Jovi.

She finally arrives at the college and a wave of panic flows over her. What if my room mates a drug addict? What if I'm not smart enough? What if everyone hates her? Okay Rebecca, get your shit together she told herself.

She got out of the car and after struggling, she found her room. It turns out her roommate was a woman named Laurel Lance, studying law. Rebecca thought someone that was studying law would attend Harvard but Yale was a brilliant school too. Rebecca gets settled in and her life as a college student begins.

{IM SO SORRY, THAT WAS A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER. I PROMISE GREAT THINGS ARE AHEAD}