Chapter 11

January 30, Sunday

Early Morning

It's really hard to get up on Friday mornings. Back in my world, as soon as Friday hit, all I could think about all day was getting home to sleep till Monday. Dragging myself out of bed, I get ready to make my way to school.

Waiting on the platform for the train, I'm still on cloud 9. Soon as the train came, people got off and I got in. The train quickly got crowded, but I was able to find a seat. I didn't have any books to read but it was still nice to sit instead of stand. Looking around the car, there was an old lady nearby who was standing. "Hey there ma'am, you can sit here."I stand and point towards my seat. The lady thanked me and made her way over to the seat. Only for some mother frigger to take the seat and act like nothing ever happened. "Yo, buddy. Get out of that seat before I take you out myself." I look to see Ryuji with a very scary look on his face. The man flinches and gets up. Letting the lady sit. "Thank you so much. Sakomoto-Kun." I am really grateful. If he hadn't come I might have had to make that guy get up without warning. Ryuji only looks at me and nods his head. Our stop came very quickly soon after. Walking to the school gates, I see Shiho. I smile and begin to walk up to her. "Hey, Shiho-!" I stop a few feet away from her, as I see Kamoshida quickly walking up to her; an angered look on his disgusting face. Crip! I've got to get her out of here somehow! I run up to Kamoshida. "Hey there Mr.K <3~" I put my hands together and look up at him. He looks at me with a confused look. "Hey there, L/n-san. Get to class-" "Oh, Mr.K! I was wondering if there was some way you could give me some private lessons on volleyball." I say with the best smile and cutesy voice I can muster. I hope Shiho can walk away safe from here. "You are just so strong and experienced, so you must know a thing or two." A grin appears on his face as he eyes me up and down. Goosebumps everywhere." Of course you would want to get some lessons from me! You can join the volleyball practice after school today so I can show you the basics. Then, after we can evaluate your practice." He leaves and turns around, back to the school. Oh god, I think I've sold my soul away. I acted without thinking. I look ahead and see Shiho looking at me with a pale face. And Ryuji at the gate looking as if he is about to kill someone."Hey, Shiho! How's it going? You're pretty pale, you good?" I walk up to her with a small smile. It's really hard to avoid Kamoshida and convince him to leave Shiho alone at the same time. "Why did you do that? He'll probably make a pass at you or even hurt you!" She grabs my shoulders. Her complexion getting even paler. "Don't worry about me. I've got my plans. I'm not that easy." Smiling, I hold her. "Still, why do it in the first place?" She breaths out. "He looked like he was about to do something to you. By the time I realized I was in front of him, I was already talking to him." "So, you're just irresponsible." Shiho deadpans me. "Guilty as charged. Anyway, let's get to class before we're late." I link my arm with hers and walk her to her class. Passing Ryuji's glares at the gate.

Afternoon

It's lunchtime, and I still haven't been able to think of a way to get Kamoshida to back off. I really need to think of something. I don't want to do anything with that man. I really should have stayed away- what the heck am I thinking? I can't leave Kamoshida to put his dirty hands on Shiho! "I'm the worst," I bite off a piece of my bread. I went up to the roof to eat alone cause I thought it'd help me think better. Occasionally, I'd eat with Ann and Shiho, but today I said I wouldn't be able to. Hopefully, they don't think I'm weird. Sitting on the ground, I look up. The clouds are so pretty as they pass by. All of this will come to pass too. I just need to force Kamoshida off. Or I can do little things and cut him off when things get far. Once I do refuse him though, Shiho will be in extreme danger. There's got to be a better way. Can I really do anything in this situation? All I am here is an outsider. Someone who shouldn't even be in this world. Then again, the protagonist transfers in and helps everyone here, not really involved. Well, I'm no main character, but there is one thing I should be able to do if I am being told to help. I hope. Oh! What if I ask Makoto to come to help too? While she's no teacher, she still has a prosecutor as a sister. This should be known to the staff. Even then, she is the student council president. Even Kamoshida would have to be careful. I need to ask quickly before lunch ends! I get up and run to the student council room. Opening the door, I see Makoto-mid-bite- look at me with a surprised look. "Um, Hi there Makoto-senpai!" I stand at the doorway, waving my hands around like a robot. "Welcome, Y/n-san. Do you need something? Come, sit down." She puts her chopsticks down and pats her skirt down. Ah, she's so elegant and cute. "Could you help me practice after school today? With how smart you are, I'd think you'd know how to play volleyball. So I'd like you to critique me." I blabber. She won't agree to this! She probably has something to do after class! She probably won't even want to help the problem student! "I could help. But if it's volleyball, why not ask Mr.Kamoshida? He is the coach for the volleyball team?" Ah, frig, she's not wrong, but he's the reason I'm asking for help! Should I tell her about the evidence? No, It's far too early.