Chapter 3

"Oh god!" I get out of bed flailing my legs and arms. "What was that??". I look around. Frig this isn't my room! Is all of this real!? Why am I in Persona 5!? I was just trying to sleep. Am I still sleeping?. I pinch my cheek as hard as I could. "Ouch! Yeah that hurt. Dang it, I was hoping this was a dream," I mutter. "Nows, not the time. For now I should get used to where I am. Where even am I?" I begin to look around. This dark and dusty cluttered attic with a single light hanging from the ceiling. There are two beds smushed together next to an old window. Why am I in the protagonist's attic? I slightly crouch down with my head down as I think. Now footsteps are coming up the stairs. "Ah you're finally awake!" I hear a deep voice. Sojiro! I immediately stand back up to face the person. "You sure are energetic for how much trouble you caused yesterday." Sojiro begins. 'Huh?'. "You don't remember? You here because you got expelled for getting in the way of some government big shot, they got legal action against you, won and you were sent here. That's what you get for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You were supposed to come here by yourself but apparently, you were found by the police,  passed out in an alley. They had searched you and found my number on you, called me and I had to bring you back. Do you have an explanation for why you were like that?". I pinch the top of my nose, 'Is this how they were going to explain my existence? Why did they do me that dirty?'. "Well I haven't been feeling that well lately, you know with all that's going on so I guess the stress got to me and I had passed out. Sorry for causing so much trouble. " I say with my head down. "As long as you aren't doing any drugs. Hurry up and get ready, we're heading to your new school to get you situated." Sojiro says in a huff while rubbing his neck. "New school?" I ask. "You don't know? Shujin Academy, it'll be where attending while on probation. Now hurry up I wanna get back quickly so I can open the shop" Sojiro ends and leaves downstairs. Ah forgot how mean he can be at the beginning of the game. Wait a second at what point am I in the game? I look out the window and see slight fog on the window and the trees are bare. Seems like it's winter. So after then events?. I look around the room and find a box in the middle. I open the box and find the Sujin uniform and some extra clothing. I change into the uniform and make my way downstairs. "Alright let's go." Sojiro grabs his keys and walks out the door with me a few steps behind. We get into the car and make our way to the school. Wait, the protagonist wasn't there in the room, and it was a mess in the attic, so it can't be after events. Am I here before everything starts??. How far back am I in the story?. Before I know it we are at the gates of the school. "Come on, let's go," Sojiro says and gets out of the car. I follow. The principal gives me the rundown on how I should be grateful to be there; to not cause trouble. Does he always say the same thing? Kawakami is next to him not saying a word. I guess I'll be in her class again. "This'll be your homeroom teacher, Ms.Kawakami; she'll be reporting to me about your behavior." the principal finally says. Kawakami complains as to why I should be in her class when there was likely plenty of better options. I know why she's like this but still why say that in front of me. Kawakami reaches into her pocket and pulls out my id while a piece of paper slips out of her pocket. Wow, doing that even now?. She doesn't notice the paper slipping out so I reach into my pocket hoping I have something in there. I pull out an eraser and pretend to drop it, pick it up along with her flyer as discreet as possible. I look at her to see if she had seen me but she didn't react. Nice. "Well, then I'll be sure to give her a proper talking to when we get back. I've got a store to get back to." Sojiro says. We walk out and Sojiro stops at the front entrance. "Man their treating you like a problem. If you've already got that kind of stigma here then think what people would say about me. Make sure to not do anything stupid." Sojiro says with an annoyed expression. "Anyway, let's go. We go back to his car to only be met with a long and silent car ride due to recent breakdown incidents. "Hey, um Mr. Sakura, what month is it?" I ask. "Hm? It's late December. Why?" Sojiro replies. "Oh nothing, just wanting to make sure of something.". "You better not be trying to get into trouble" Sojiro starts. "I'm not! I swear! Just wanted to know." "Hm" Sojiro is doubting me heavily. Dang man! I haven't even done anything. By the time we get back, it's mid afternoon. Sojiro immediately opens the shop and instructs me to stay upstairs. I go up and see the mess of a room. Ugh, I hate this. I know I'ma have to clean but I'm already worn out. I take a deep breath. Alright! I've got to make this look good for the protagonist! Maybe eventually for Makoto!. "Hehe". I clean as much as I could until it was dark out.