Suffocation ~Zayn Imagine~ NO LONGER EDITING

I recommend 18 I listened to it while writing this.

ENJOY!;)

**Zayn**

I'm drowning. My eyes are burning from the water and my throat is closing in on me, I know I can swim up, but I can't for some reason. It's like my body is...still...unmoving. Then she appears in front of me, just looking at her makes me feel safe. I don't feel like I need to breathe anymore. I feel calm, collected. Her eyes holding mine and showing nothing but hope and safety. Her hands find my face and I feel the pain in my heart ease, the feeling of being drowned is gone. I feel like my heart is trying to leave my chest and go to her hands. Soon her hands are in mine helping me out of the water, then I notice a tail, she was a mermaid? Her hands were so soft, tugging me up to her just before we were about to reach the surface. They soon rested on my chest a soft kiss pressed to my cheek before she pushed me up into the sun. The bright light blinded me the pain rushing back and the feeling of being cut off from oxygen comes back. I can't breathe or think. A ringing in my ears nearly makes them bleed.

The next thing I know is I'm in my bed waking up to the sound of my phone going off. The movie I had currently been watching was done and back to the main menu... The little mermaid... No wonder she was a mermaid this time.

I'd been having the same reoccurring dream. She'd come to me and make me feel safe, like I'd be fine once I left her, but every time she pushed me away to safety the pain would come back.

Her name was Jane. She was the girl I fell in love with during highschool. We were friends, she was beautiful and then just like that she was taken from me. A car accident had caused her death and it broke me. The morning after it happened was the morning I'd planned on asking her to prom. She's gone now and ever since we met I could only think about her. Her eyes, amazing. Her lips, soft. Her hair, perfect. Her skin, beautiful. In my eyes she was perfectly human. She had flaws and insecurities, but I wanted to spend every day of my life making her feel beautiful and loved. My arms were made for holding here. The love I felt for her when we were 18 was my first and only love. I couldn't love anyone else, it was impossible to. She was beautiful and human and just so unknowing about how she made people feel around her.

"Could you show me where the indie/urban band CDs are?" I looked up from my notebook, nodding at the young girl and taking her to the section. Soon after she came up to me with a CD and bought it leaving me alone in the store, Liam was in the back with some new girl I had yet to meet who just started here. My doodle of Jane had progressed, she was a mermaid this time and I found myself focused on covering her chest with her hair.

"Zayn!" Liam's voice had brought me out of my drawing world and when I turned around I froze. She was... How?

"Jane?" I breathed out. She shyly smiled at me, her eyes, hair...everything was the same...

"Close, my names y/n" her voice even sounded the same.

"Zayn, mate I gotta go make sure Soph gets to her doctors appointment. We're expecting the baby in three weeks" I shook my head smiling at his comment.

"Yes Liam, I know you're having a child with Sophia I don't need to be reminded every day"

"Shut it" he laughed, patting my back before leaving me alone with y/n.

"Why-why'd you call me Jane?" I turned around, she was so hard to look at and not grab and hug.

"I-you just remind me of an old friend" I mumbled.

"Was she important?"

"Very, she was my best friend"

"What happened?"