Chapter 33 - The End

It's been six months and Bucky and I had gotten a house around the corner from Sam. Our babies are three months old now, our daughters name is, Winnie Sarah Barnes after both of our mothers and our sons name is Steven Thomas Barnes after my brother and named after his godfather Sam.

They are both very happy babies and they both actually like to hold our metal arms. It's strange yet reassuring.

Bringing them home for the first time was really scary, Bucky is the only one who actually has experience with babies because he had sisters, but that was a very very long time ago. We have been doing just fine and got the hang of it really quick. Especially with the help of Sarah and Sam.

Today Sam and Sarah are having a cookout so I made two cakes to bring but...Bucky dropped one of them.

Of course.

I was holding onto Steven, Bucky was holding Winnie and the cake as we approach the cookout. AJ and Cass run over and hug us both, then they run around Bucky.

"Y/N!" Sarah comes over and kisses my cheek. She then leans down and smiles at Steven, doing the same with Winnie.

"I did make two cakes but someone.....dropped it." I glare at Bucky. "He was pretending to throw it at me....then actually did it."

"Hey! I didn't mean for it to actually fall off!" He laughs.

"Mhm." I roll my eyes as Sam walks up and kisses my cheek.

"I want my godchildren. Now." He demands and holds his hands out. I smile and hand him Steven, chuckling as he holds Winnie in his other arm. "Yeah you love Uncle Sam...don't you?" He chuckles. "I still think you should of named him Sam Thomas." He says to me.

"No...Thomas was enough." Bucky sighs.

"Uncle Bucky, come on!" AJ grabs his hand and tries to pull him to the other kids.

"I'll take this." Sarah smiles and takes the cake, walking over to the other food.

I step closer to Sam as both babies start to get fussy, "Wanna help me feed them?"

"Sure."

"Give me Winnie, She'll only eat if I'm holding her." I smile and take her, cradling her in my metal arm as I grab her bottle. I then hand over the other bottle and we watch Bucky playing with the kids as we feed the babies.

"So...how are you guys doing? Settling into the new house...new babies..."

"It's wonderful Sam...it's everything I've ever dreamed of." I smile down at Winnie. "Bucky is a wonderful father."

"And you are a wonderful mother." Sam nods.

"I hope so...I love being a mom." I nod.

"They do look like you and Bucky....I know it's not really possible but they do." Sam smiles.

"I think so too."

Later as the sun was setting Bucky and I hold our babies and stand at the end of the dock, he wraps an arm around me and kisses my head.

We both have suffered....we felt hopeless and lost. But not anymore. We have found a place where we belong...our purpose was to be together...and to be parents.

We were no longer the Winter Soldiers....we are Y/N and Bucky Barnes. Parents to Winnie and Steven. Normal....but slightly crazy people.

And our journey is just beginning...