Chapter 30 - Good News

Two days later we received the favor Bucky asked for, we then go to Sam's home and walk down a dock to see Sam staring at a large object in a truck, thinking a way to get it off.

I walk over and pick it up, placing it on the ground as Bucky puts a case on the back of the truck. "You're welcome." I nod.

"Just dropping this off. You can sign for it and we'll go. I called in a favor from the Wakandans." Bucky nods.

Suddenly we hear a hissing noise, "Sam!" A woman yells.

Bucky rushes onto the boat to fix it as I stand beside the woman, "Hi." I smile.

"Hi."

"Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." Sam grunts and helps Bucky.
The hissing finally stops, "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"

"Well... I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed."

"So, this is the boat, huh?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

"This is it."

"It's nice. You want any help?" Bucky asks.

"Yeah."

"I'm Bucky." He waves to Sarah.

"Sarah."

"I'm Y/N." I shake her hand.

"Would you like something to drink? We can let the boys do all the work." She smiles.

"I'd like that."

She takes me to her home and grabs me a cold glass of water, Sarah smiles and sits on the couch beside me. "I've heard a little about you from Sam, it nice to finally meet you." She smiles.

"Same here. You have a lovely home." I look around the living room. "Bucky and I want a house like this...have a family."

"It's nice out here...there's a couple houses like this for sale. You guys should check it out, I'm sure Sam would like that."

"I don't think he'd like that." I chuckle.

"Oh he would. Trust me." She laughs.

I stand up and walk over to a bookcase and pick up a photo of two boys, "Your boys?"

"Mhm...AJ and Cass."

I put the photo down and turn to see another photo of them when they were babies. "They are adorable." I sit back down.

Suddenly the door swings open and we hear feet running. "And...here they are." She smiles as the two boys run in. "How was school today?"

"Good!" One boy says as he hugs her. She kisses their cheeks and sits back.

"This is Y/N, a good friend of Sam's."

"I'm Cass and this is AJ." He shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you both." I nod.

"Woah! You have a metal arm!" AJ points.

"AJ!" Sarah sits up. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright." I laugh.

"Are you super strong?"

"Let's find out." I stand and hold my arm out, "Hang on." I nod. Both boys jump up and hang onto my arm, laughing as they lightly swing back and forth. 

"That's so cool!"

"Alright, homework." Sarah laughs.

"Bye!" AJ yells.

I sit back down and shake my head, "They are good kids."

"I'm very proud of my boys." She smiles.

"I can tell your a great mom, Sarah."

"Thank you...that means a lot." She reaches over and claps her hand around my metal hand. "I think we're gonna get along very well."

Sarah and I talk for the next few hours, I then help her make dinner as the boys come back. "Sarah, Bucky and Y/N are gonna stay the night."

"Sounds perfect." She smiles at me as I set the table.

My phone suddenly starts ringing, "I'm sorry." I pull my phone out and walk into the living room. "Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs Barnes. It's Ellen...I'm sorry to bother you but I couldn't wait to tell you the news."

"Good news?" I chew the inside of my cheek nervously.

"Very good news. We have a young woman who is six months pregnant with twins, boy and girl. She's been looking for the right person so adopt her babies and thinks it you and Mr Barnes. She knows a lot about you both and wanted you to be parents."

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I yell out, instantly looking back in the kitchen. "Sorry." I say to Sarah and Ellen.

"No need to apologize, this is an exciting time." She laughs.

"Ellen, I can't thank you enough...I'm gonna cry." I sigh in relief.

"It's no problem at all, we'll just need you both to sign a few things and then you'll meet her."

"We'll be home tomorrow afternoon." I say.

"Perfect, see you then Mrs Barnes. Congratulations!"

I put my phone away and run into the kitchen. "What's going on?" Sam asks.

"We're gonna be parents! There's a woman pregnant with twins...she wants us to adopt her babies." I start crying.

"Are you serious?" Bucky stands with tears in his eyes.

"I am...a boy and a girl." I smile as he pulls me in his arms.

"I can't believe it...we're gonna be parents!" He leans down and kisses me.

"Congratulations guys." Sam smiles and hugs us both, Sarah does the same thing. "I think we need to celebrate." He pulls out a bottle of wine from the fridge.

After a wonderful dinner, Bucky and I laid on the couch together. I lay on top of him and smile as I listen to his heart. "Are you scared? Because I am."

"I'm a little scared." He chuckles.

"What if I'm a bad mom?"

"That's not possible. You are going to be an amazing mother." He kisses my head.

"And you are going to be an amazing father...there's no one else I'd want to experience this with."

Our dream was finally coming true...we were finally getting the chance to be parents.