Chapter 17 - Wakanda

The soft sounds of giggles spreads a smile to my face. I slowly open my eyes to see children braiding my hair as I sleep, they laugh loudly and run out. I look down at myself to see I had some sort of dress wrapped around me, I then look at my metal arm to see many magnets on it. I chuckle and stand up looking at the small hut and stepping out to see a beautiful lake.

Standing at the lake was my Bucky.

His beard and hair was longer now, he looked almost angelic as he watched the water. I walk over and slide my hand up his back, Bucky turns to me and smiles. "How long were we out this time?"

"A year." Bucky's smiles, running his hand through my now longer hair. I frown as I press my hand over his left side, where his arm was off. "It's okay." He nods.

"Are we free?"

"I'm not sure." Bucky turns and holds onto my hip with his right hand. "All I know right now is.....I'm so thankful to have you." He smiles.

"I love you." I lean up and kiss him.

"I love you."

"You know I'm lovin the Jesus look." I run my left hand through his hair. "It's cute."

"You should keep your hair this long." He nods. "I missed this beautiful face." He reaches up and holds the side of my face. I lean into his touch and sigh in happiness.

Bucky keeps his right arm around me as we slowly walk around the lake, I pull his hand up and kiss the top of it. We stop when we see T'Challa and Shuri walking towards us. "Good afternoon." T'Challa smiles.

"Good afternoon." I smile.

"You both look really happy. I'm glad."

"We owe everything to you." Bucky nods. "I'm finally able to be with my Doll in peace." He looks down at me.

"It's no problems at all. I mean I did try to kill you." He chuckles. I look over as another woman walks over. "This is Ayo. She's gonna be watching over you. We have the...words used on you. If it's alright with you, we'd like to test it out soon just to be sure." T'Challa nods.

I gulp nervously, "Sure. It's nice to meet you." I smile at her, she only nods.

"Y/N would you mind coming to my lab? I'd like to check a few things and look over your arm." Shuri smiles.

"I don't mind at all." I look up and kiss Bucky.

Shuri takes me into the palace and leads me into a really cool lab. I sit down and smile as I look around. "Alright, I'm gonna put this on your head to check your brain activity. I promise it won't hurt."

"I trust you." I nod

She smiles and places it over my head, she attaches something to my forehead and steps over to her computer. "T'Challa was talking about your arm. I'm gonna be designing Bucky one...would you like one?"

"If that's alright with you....this arm gives me bad memories." I smile sadly.

"It's no problem at all. Halfway through this year we'll remove this one, then in another half we'll put the new one on when it's finished." She looks over as I look down sadly. "Don't feel bad. You both deserve a chance of redemption...a chance of a life." She comes back over and removes the device off my head. "Talk to me about you and Bucky. Do you both want a family one day?"

"How old are you again?" I smile.

"Doesn't matter."

"I would...but um...I can't have one one my own. I'd like to adopt though." I smile.

"This is your chance to start over. Then someday you can have that." She smiles. "Brain scan came back normal, let me just measure your arm."

"I hate this thing." I look ahead as she starts to measure it. "It makes me sick looking at it."

"You won't have to for long." She nods.

"They made me do awful things with it...I just hope that it's all completely out of my head. I don't want to hurt people. I never did. I just want to live a normal life."

"No one has a normal life." She chuckles.

"Thank you again, Shuri." I look over at her.

"Anytime. If need someone to talk to...I'm here." She smiles and goes back to her desk.