Niko's POV

*Niko's POV*

I didn't mean to make him bleed, its just that when I saw him with Mel. All hell broke loose. She hates me now, I can feel it. I saw it in the way she looked at me. I heard it in the way she yelled at me...Dammit. Am I wrong for fighting for her? She is my mate after all. My Angel. Melinda...Just saying her name makes me want to go back and beg for forgiveness. How am I going to make this up to her? She'll never forgive me. Fuck.

I jump out of my car and rush to my front door. My beta Thomas is the first to see me...and the blood on my hand. I beckon him to follow me to my room. I don't need people over hearing my conversation. I run up the stairs with Thomas following. Once he enters my room, he closes the door behind him.

"Please tell me that's not your blood." Thomas frowns, raising an eyebrow.

"It's not my blood Tom. I went to see Mel." I scoff.

"I didn't know you had a vampire fetish. Well as much as I want to hear about it-"

I roll my eyes at him. It did make me smile a little. heh. Vampire fetish.

"No I-uh went to see Mel, and I found her swapping spit-" I reply. Thomas's eyes widen. He places a hand on my shoulder, lowering his head to face the floor. He'd just cut me off.

"I told you before this Reese guy got here, that you should've claimed her. I bet you still haven't told her that your her mate, have you? Dude what are you waiting for? You're the bravest guy I know. Don't let Reese take your girl." Thomas mutters. Pain has etched its way into my face, filling my body with dread and regret. I missed her already.

"Thomas, when I seen him-I just lost. I wasn't in control of my actions. I-I lost myself." I pause looking at the worry in Thomas's eyes. "But smashing his face into the ground with my bear hand...over and over again, felt so....good." As much as I hate saying it, it's true. I sound like a serial killer. I'm becoming a serial killer-aren't I? I take a much needed deep breath. Thomas looks more concerned. Hell he should be. His future alpha is a goddamn serial killer.

Thomas exhales slowly. He takes a couple steps to my window, poking his face through the curtains. His frown deepens and a low growl escapes his lips. I look over to him, curious about his troubled face.

"Christy's here-with the police." He spat, leaning back slowly leaving the window. My eyes fall. I wished this upon myself. I fucking murdered him. See what Mel made me do? Who am I kidding? This is my fault. I can't blame anything on her.

The door to my bedroom slams open. Seth and my father shared the same look-the angry look. I flash my face to them, and turn back around.

"Nikolai! What have you done?" My father yells, he strolls to me-grabbing me by my collar. I hated when he called me that.

"Do you know how much stress your putting on your family? Yourself? Mel?!" Seth roars, making me wince. Seth is Mel's father. He knew how I felt...What Mel means to me. I sink deeper into depression, realizing how right he is. Mel didn't need this stress. She deserves to be happy, even if she isn't with me. Seth and his daughter share the same cerulean blue eyes-making it hard to look at him. His hair is pure black, his skin is a pale milky color. Just like Melinda. Seth stands much taller than me and more lanky. I swallow hard, fighting the urge to look him in the eyes. I can't do this.

"I'm not going to give up on her Mr. Triggs. You have to believe that I love your daughter more than life itself. Reese will never take her away from me." I gritted through my teeth. My dad shook me again, he is still holding on to my collar. He gave me a tortured look. He doesn't believe Mel and I should be together. He's not going to stop me. I've always had a soft spot for her, every since we were kids.

"Nikolai, you need to go down those stairs and go with those policemen outside. I'm not getting you out of this one. You brought this on yourself." My dad mutters as he let's go of my collar, pushing me in the process. I exhale again, walking past Seth to leave my room. I walk downstairs and out the front door. Christy is screaming at me as the cops handcuff me. she repeatedly throws punch after punch at my chest, making me turn red. The policemen walk me to their squadcar and place me in. Then they get in and pull off, leaving Christy in the rear view window. She's crying her eyes out. Great, I've destroyed 3 lives in one day.