Chapter 22

"Mr. Meldeev has agreed that we pay him back in installments of ten thousand dollars every month until we pay off the five hundred thousand dollars debt."

"Ten thousand dollars a month?! The business currently isn't in operation. How are we going to pay ten thousand dollars a month?" Diha huffs. The nerve she has.

"Just be grateful he even agrees to this." I say with an edge to my voice. Mother is awfully quiet. "As to where we're going to get ten thousand dollars a month, I have no idea. Maybe you can finally get a job?" Diha glares at me. "Just a suggestion." I smile, sweetly.

"How are we going to pay for it and still pay for your father's treatment?" Mom finally speaks. Well, she looks great. No, seriously. For someone who is bankrupt and has a husband in the hospital, she looks awfully okay.

"Darson has agreed to pay for father's treatment as long as the marriage stays." Diha seems a bit surprise at that. She looks away from me.

"Darson is such a good boy." My mom praises and I almost make a face at her. This is all their fault and I'm starting to think they expect me to put everything under wraps because I'm married to a billionaire. Funny thing is, Darson and I are no way near in love and even asking him for one favour is completely ludicrous. He has no reason to help me in this situation.

But he is, isn't he? That voice at the back of my head whispers. He has no reason to yet he is. True. So, why is he? I don't know why but I don't know if I want to find out. He said because I am genuine. Why do I feel like there's more to it? I don't know but stop feeling. It'll make things complicated.

"Darson could have drop the entire thing since it wasn't our fault the guy stole our assets." Diha is ticking me off by the second. Are we really siblings? We can't seem to ever get along and this is why.

"It isn't Darson you guys made that deal with. Even if it was him, he has every right to want back every penny. How would you feel if you borrowed someone five hundred thousand dollars and they don't give anything in return or pay you back?"

"I'll call that charity." She replies with a shrug.

"Well, I'd rather him give it to people who actually deserve it. You are ungrateful and I can't stand to sit here and listen to you act like an entitled, selfish brat." I stand and snatch my bag from the table. "We are in the wrong and instead of suing us they are giving us a chance yet here you are-"

"Girls, just stop." Mother sighs.

"Maybe selling the house and some of your designer stuff may work."

"Khara." Mom grits and looks toward the ceiling.

"It's just a suggestion. Some of the clothes you wear can pay off half this bill."

"I'm not selling my clothes." Diha states with a finality in her voice. She still has the nerve.

"Do whatever." I wave her off. I am tired. Why don't they beg Mr. Meldeev to drop it. They want to leave it all up to Khara. It is their mistake and I'm supposed to find the money when they're not even interested in helping. "And I'm going to see father." I start walking.

"Still no visitors allowed." Diha calls out. I continue walking right out of there.

*********************************

"They're driving me insane." I say into the phone. I'm laying on my stomach on the bed with my elbows propping me up. I am at a hotel back in Pennsylvania. The constant travel is starting to get to me. It doesn't matter how many times I take the jet, I'm still not getting used to flying.

Originally, I was going to explain the new deal over the phone with mom and Diha but I figure there are just some things you can't discuss over the phone. Also, I had hopes of visiting father but he's still not allowed visitors. My plan wasn't to stay at a hotel in my hometown but staying at the house will only fuel unnecessary arguments with Diha.