Chapter 4

That insolent, pompous, pig headed man brat thinks he's so important. Who cares if you don't care for my concerns. I never wanted to try convince you anyway. Just wanted to let that flight attendant keep her job. "Get out, Khara." I mimick him in his manly voice. So annoying. Well his voice is surprisingly really nice to listen to but Darson himself is a total turn off. I eye the stairs in disdain. What have I done in my past life to be fated to this man? Did I betray my country or bring shame to my family name?

The ping from my phone brings me out of my inner badmouthing. I take it out and stare at the text. So tell me. What did you give your new man to eat for breakfast." I sigh, my face morphing into a silent cry. I am expected to do that? What am I, the good wife?

I search the cabinets for a frying pan. Where is it? I open the last cupboard to my right and a pan comes tumbling from the cabinet. It hits the floor with a loud bang and I slam a hand over my mouth. I then cautiously peek at the stairs. Will he come down and scream in my face like the annoying man brat he is? Will he fire me too? I fake kick at the pan, my mouth flattening into a line. I then pick it up then place it on the stove.

I search the fridge and settle for egg and bacon. So as the multitasking queen that I am, I decide to do the egg and bacon at the same time. It saves time.

What's this? I pick up the paper on the floor and look at it. Do not drop my pans. They cost more than your life." My eye twitches. After swiftly looking around, I place the paper near the fire and watch it erupt in flames. Nothing to see here.

Why am I even doing this? It saves time, I remind myself. Besides he'll be marching down these stairs in his nicely tailored suit in just a few minutes.

Or seconds. I am not ready for his appearance so that has me frantically attending to the eggs so then the bacon starts smoking and now I'm flailing around.

He barely glances at me as he moves to towards door. "Wait a second let me just get your breakf-" The door shuts and my mouth drops open. "Asshole." I mutter before turning around to turn off the stove.

Later that night, I try my hands at cooking pasta and meatballs. I even look up recipes for nice sauces. What? I'm doing it for me not him. I eat too. Where is he anyway? It's midnight. I cannot care less because I already ate without him anyway. Just as I am about to call it a night, the door opens.

"Look who decided to show up at their own house." No response. Be nice. This chitchat will get you nowhere. I swallow down my sarcasm and face him. "I prepared dinner." The forced smile begins to form. And...he's gone. "That-." I grab the meatball from the plate and throw it at his head. It hits the wall as he disappears. He brings out the worse in me I swear.

I run over to the meatball on the floor. "Ahh. I'm so sorry. You did nothing to me I know." I blow at the meatball three times then take a bite. "Oh God, no." I spit the contents into my hand. I look back at the dish filled sink. My frown deepens. I went through so much trouble yet he didn't eat. I may as well start on those dishes. Beep my life.

It takes me half an hour to finish the dishes. I burnt one of the pans and God forbid my life isn't worth enough to buy it back. I really drain all my energy trying to scrub it clean. No wonder mom nagged me all the time about cleaning. Look at me now.

I literally crawl all the way up the stairs. Such a long day. I had to answer calls all day from people who wanted to congratulate Darson and I on our marriage. Just you wait people. The divorce is yet to come.

I go past Darson's office and immediately pause when I hear my name. "Khara." I grit my teeth. Smile and nod. Just smile and nod. "Kh-"

"Darson?" I drawl in a sweet voice. Oh my, I think I'll throw up. I can't even open my mouth again. So torturous.