Chapter 13

I open the hotel room, my eyes swiftly sweeping the area for Darson. I wonder if he has gone out?

I turn around just in time to see him exiting the bedroom. Flawlessly, I may add. He's wearing a grey sweatpants, no t-shirt and black square glasses in his eyes.

Wow. I can't tear my eyes away from the image in front me. He has perfectly toned skin, nicely sculpted abs and a v-line that has an agenda of its own. Why do glasses make him ten times sexier? He really is blessed.

I am staring a lot but Darson doesn't notice. If he does then he'll most definitely point it out. I won't hear the end of it. "Oh. You're here." He glances at me before plopping himself down on the sofa and pulling his laptop onto his lap.

I snap out of my mindless admiration. "Missed me?" The tapping of the keyboard on the laptop fills the air.

"Kidding me?" My lips pull into a thin line.

"Can't you be honest for once?

"I'm always honest."

"Even now you're lying."

"Khara-" He drawls with an annoyed expression.

"Compliment me." He doesn't look at me when I say this. If he doesn't then I won't present to him the contract.

"No, thanks. Not interested." Darson replies, his fingers still tapping away on the keyboard.

"You'll regret it." I point at him.

"I've learned to live with regrets. Take our marriage for instance." I give him a hard stare.

"I guess that's something we both have in common." I retort. He acts like he's the only one whose life has been spun off the road that we painted for ourselves. Does he think that he alone has hopes and dreams? "Anyway, let's make a deal. I give you the good news and you promise to give me a favour."

"I don't make promises and won't I get the good news either way whether you tell me or not?" He has a point. Smart.

"No. I alone can pass this information on." I mean, Mr. Sirnov could have called Darson in but he didn't. It was me who set up the lunch too so why can't Darson do me this one favour? "So take it or leave it."

"If this information isn't worth my favour then the deal is terminated." Oh, it'll be worthy. "And limit your favour. Don't go overboard." But of course not. I agree with him. "Fine. It's not a promise but a deal."

"You've spoken like a true businessman." I say as I pry my bag open. I pull out the big yellow envelope and pass it to him. His face holds confusion as his eyes roam the envelop.

"What is this?" He mutters while pulling out the signed contract. "He picked my company after all." There's a little smile on his face as he scans the multiple papers in his hand. "I'm not surprised though. No one can turn down Meldeev Corporation." A loud snort escapes me without even thinking. How dare he showcase his egotistical ways.

"Not surprised? Weren't you the one getting pissed at the business party over possibly losing the deal?" He gives me the death glare and I watch him head on.

"Why'd he give you this though?" He flails the paper in front me. See? He tries to change the topic. I shrug at his question. To be honest, I'm not quite sure either. Sure, my little speech served as a reassurance that Meldeev Corporation is capable but was it that big of a part? "You probably remind him of his daughter Kayla who went MIA just about last year."

"That's a bit...disturbing." I point out.

"She's not dead, Khara." He rolls his eyes. "She is psychotic though." He flips through the contract thoroughly. "She's alive that much everyone knows. They just don't know where." That's strange. "Either way I believe that's why you guys click so much. He must've seen the insanity in your eyes." I grab the square pillow from the sofa and throw it his way. He swats it away without much effort before he sports me a smile.