Chapter 14

After Darson's little mind games, I order another round of shots. He's honestly so infuriating. I can just smack him in the face right now. He really knows how to get on my nerves.

Adam pushes the club door open and I stumble out. The street is moving. It's dancing from side to side. "Aye!" I point at Darson. "Why is the street moving? Make it stop. I don't feel like dancing." I tell him and he frowns. Keina grabs onto my arm before I can trip and fall. I point at Darson again. "I said make it stop. You're always disobedient. One day I'll punish you." Hanna covers her mouth as she tries blocking her laughter.

"I'm curious as to how you're going to go about that." Darson shoves his hands in his pockets and there's the amusement that he occasionally sports.

"Be quiet!" I order him. "You're so noisy. I'll let my soldiers deal with you later." I wave him off and he's now bursting into laughter. He takes me away from Keina who is struggling to keep me up.

"What soldiers? Can you afford those?" I hit him on the chest then pause to scrutinise him.

"Those soldiers." I point at the tall soldiers that lines the street with lamps in their hands.

"The streetlights? You're talking about the streetlights?" Gia starts laughing, her eyes gleaming with tears. "Gosh, you're the fun drunk, aren't you? Hanna just cries all night and Keina goes silent."

"I do not!" Hanna protests.

I pull away from Darson. "You." I point the rock at the side of the road. "Stop being lazy and just sitting there." My eyes are half open and my feet can barely hold my weight. "Go help the soldiers or you'll be dismissed." No movement. "You dare disobey me." I start walking towards the stone.

"Is she off her meds or something?" Darson questions more to himself.

A strange guy appears in front of me and I stop to look at him. "Are you one of my soldiers?" I shoo him away. "Fall back in line. You're disrupting order."

"I think you may have misunderstood me earlier. You see, you're very pretty and I can't help but want to get to know you." His hand rests on my back. "I know you're a little shy but we'll work around it."

A hand slams down on the guy's arm that is laying on my back. Darson squeezes down on his arm and the guy tries pulling it free. "Look guy, why don't you mind your own business?"

"Touch my wife again and I'll break your arm off. I promise you." Darson's threat has me frozen in my tracks. The guy looks toward me then back at Darson. He seems to be contemplating. After a while he pulls away.

"Whatever man." The guy turns on his heels and leave. He sways as he goes.

"W-wife?" Hanna glances between us. She looks confused. Keina seems unsure too and Gia is smiling between us.

"I had a feeling that there was more than meet the eyes when it comes to you two. The chemistry was too obvious." Adam nods and Darson snorts.

"What chemistry?" He mutters with a roll of his eyes.

"Khara?" Keina waits for my say.

I look up at Darson, my eyes squinting at him. "He does look like my husband." I poke his cheek twice. Darson grasps my hand from poking him again.

"Get yourself together. You're embarrassing me." I swing around to look at the others while pointing at Darson.

"That's definitely him." I can never miss those words. It's his motto.

"Are you sure? You're definitely not in your right mind and I don't want to just send you off." Keina looks concerned. "He could be a psycho." I nod in agreement to her last statement. I mean, she's right. There are crazies out there.