Chapter 27 Make things right

'Something wrong?', Damian asked.

This is wrong thought. But I cant say that to him. I know one thing and that is I shouldnt continue dating with Damian. It doesnt feel right.

'Everything is fine', I smiled.

'You were thinking about her, weren't you?'

I blushed.

He sighed and his fiercing blue eyes kept looking into mine. 'I saw how you two looked at each other at the school dance. I wish you would look at me like that but I should have known..'

'Im sorry Damian. I want to like you and I tried but I cant. I guess Im not over Ashley yet. Damian you're a sweet guy, I know this must be hard and awkward but I want to be your friend. If thats okay?'

He smiled and hugged me.

'Thank you for tonight', I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

---------------------

It was Tuesday, almost time for training and I havent seen Ashley all day.

I got into the dressing room and when I turned around I saw Tamara beside me.

'I think I should tell you. Ashley quit the team. Karen will replace her next week. She said it had to do with personal reasons. Do you know more?'

I shook my head. I couldnt believe this, would she quit the team because of me?

'Im sorry. I had no idea. I will talk to her about it, I mean she cant just quit.'

'Okay, keep in contact with us. We dont want to lose our best player.'

After the training I really needed to talk to Ashley as soon as possible. I looked at my watch, it was only 5:00 pm. Plenty enough time.

I stopped to get pizza. I ordered two pizzas margaritha, I know thats Ashley's favorite.

I hoped Ashley would be home. I didnt really know where she is.

I pressed her doorbell and she opened it. She was wearing a white bathrobe and her hair was wet. So I guess she stepped out of the shower to open the door.

She looked really surprised to see me.

'Hi', she awkwardly said.

'Hi, can I come in?'

She invited me in and I walked after her.

'I hope you are hungry I brought pizza. Your favorite'

She smiled but her smile faded quickly.

'Why are you here exactly?', she asked.

'We need to talk. Well I need to apoligize.'

Ashley sat down and said 'make yourself at home'

So I sat next to her and I said 'Ashley, I said things, I shouldnt have said. I didnt even mean them, I was just angry and I know thats not a good reason but I said them and the guilt is killing me. I dont want to see you like this. I heard you quit the soccer team, I dont want you to do that. I dont want you out of my life', I said while a tear streamed down on my face. That single tear became more and before I knew it I was crying.

Ashley hugged me and told me it was okay to cry.

When I stopped crying she just looked at me and asked if I was alright.

'Sorry for the lack of comfort but its awkward since Im naked under this', she said.

I gave her a small smile.