Chapter 46 The Twist

Demi's p.o.v.

'Ashley is it alright if we sleep over tonight? I mean its pretty late'

'Yeah sure but y'all stay in the guest rooms. Those rooms are on the other side of the house. Pick one', she smiled. Her smile seemed to fade away when her phone started ringing.

'I have to get this', she said and walked back to the kitchen.

I was listening to a conversation between Riley and Drew. I think I wasn't supposed to hear it. Because Riley said 'Too bad Ashley didnt get the ultimate birthday gift'

'She still can get it tonight', Drew shrugged.

'No not the sex. The other thing Drew. Remember our last conversation she told us. God, you guys only think of one thing'

Drew started talking to Regan after that. She was asking him some questions. I decided to sit down next to Riley.
'Ri, I heard you and Drew talking. What do you mean with ultimate gift?'

'Its not my place to tell you'

'I want to make her happy. Can you at least give me a hint?'

'If you don't mean it, it won't be the same. I am talking about something Ashley wants to hear from you for a really long time but you have never said it. The rest is up to you'

I think my mouth dropped open. I know what she was talking about. How could I be so stupid?

'Nice job on the dress by the way Demi. You are a real tease'

I blushed. 'Thanks Ri. You dont look so bad yourself either'

'Aw sweet. But please tell me you will help Ashley out tonight. I have never seem her so frustrated like this. I called her a couple times last week when she was away and you wouldn't know what she was saying.'

'I can imagine', I smirked. 'And we will see about that'
The plastic plates where the pizzas laid on were in the bag I was carrying. I was cleaning up so Ashley wouldn't have to do that all by herself later.

I walked into the kitchen and threw the bag away. I saw Ashley staring in front of her.
I kissed her cheek. 'Whats wrong babe?'
'That call, my parents called to wish my happy birthday through skype. You have any idea how pathetic that is. Why cant they be more like yours?'

I hugged and comforted her. My hand was patting her back and later playing with her blond curls.

'Thanks Demi'

'For what?'

'Just being here'

I smiled from how cute she was being. I hugged her again.
'It's pretty late', I said. I was trying to say something or make her understand that we should go upstairs.

'Yeah thats why they are staying in the guest rooms. But you are sleeping with me. I will drag you into my bed if I have to.'

'Maybe I will just sleep on the couch', I teased.

'We both know you love sleeping with me'

I gave her a small smile. She was right. I was thinking about the thing Riley said. I think she was trying to say I never told Ashley I loved her. I thought back about the times where Ashley told me she loved me. Did I really never say anything like 'love you too'? Now I am thinking about it, I always kissed her or said 'aw'.

'What are you thinking about babe?'

'Nothing', I smiled.

Ashley didnt seem to believe me.
'I will show them their rooms. I will see you in my room' she stood up.