Enemies from both Sides

Jale pulled off his shirt and enjoyed the immediate coolness that greeted his bare skin. It was cooler now that they were traveling inland and were making their way over the mountain ranges dividing the Empire from east to west.

Exhausted, he moved across the tent and reached for a canister of cold water and poured himself a drink. It was afternoons like this where he longed for quiet peaceful days swimming in the Blue Garden, or swimming at the beaches along the coast of Dalenia, or even visiting the waterfall at the Summer Palace. He shuddered, reconsidering. He didn't think he could ever look at that waterfall again without thinking about what had happened to Lana.

The Emperor entered the tent, and Jale turned to watch as he freed himself from his outer clothes as well. He approached Jale and accepted the cup Jale held out.

"We made good ground today," the Emperor said, sitting down at the table in the middle of the tent, relaxed but weary. "I think we can make it to Camp Rein in the next week."

"Possibly." Jale sat at the table as well, sitting on his chair so he was facing the Emperor. "But we need to be careful and pace ourselves," he warned. "We don't know what is going to be waiting for us when we arrive." Jale started to tap his foot on the ground, unable to hide his agitation, and the Emperor leaned forward and reached for both of his hands.

"What's wrong?" the Emperor asked.

Jale let out a breath, trying to allow relaxation to seep in. How long had it been since he had felt at ease? They were two days out of Prince Salren's city since Prince Salren's soldiers had failed to get their hands on Prince Tolder. Prince Salren's men had been met with a surprising and powerful line of defence at the labor camp. Now, with the soldiers from the palace and the extra men that Emperor Rathner had sent for, they were on their way to the camp themselves.

"Nothing is wrong apart from everything being wrong," Jale responded. "Nothing has felt right since we left. I feel like we're leaving the palace open to something."

"You worry too much," Emperor Rathner told him. "I have complete confidence in Teal. Just look at what he did for Lana."

"You're right," Jale sighed. "But still I worry."

The Emperor leaned forward and kissed Jale gently, unable to stop himself. "How much time do we have until we meet with Prince Salren for our evening meal?" The Emperor murmured against Jale's lips.

A light chuckle escaped Jale. "We have enough time," he said.

"Good," the Emperor stated. He closed the distance again, sweeping his hand up to cup Jale's cheek so he could control the direction he wanted. It was a slow languid kiss until Jale began to rise to his feet, pulling the Emperor to him, urging for more.

Their hands stroked over each other's bodies as they kissed, Jale's hands dropping down the Emperor's back to his buttocks and pulling him closer. They had not taken the time to enjoy each other since being on the road, a long time when they were so used to tasting each other every other day in Dalenia.

The Emperor guided Jale towards the separate compartment that held their sleeping pallet and hastily they disposed of their trousers, hands dropping, stroking and sliding over skin and flesh.

Jale landed on the sleeping pallet first, his back falling against the blankets and simple pillows their servant had already prepared. With both hands on either side of Jale's head, the Emperor leaned over Jale. He smiled and then bent down, bringing their bodies together.

With their want for each other unwavering, it didn't take long for either to climax. Not when they both knew each other so well, when they each knew just how the other liked to be held and how much energy to put into the grinding and thrusting against each other's bodies. They lay, melded together, breath hot in each other faces.