Chapter 18

This is an EXTREMELY long chapter.

I just wanted to finish this chapter with a cliffhanger at the end :D 

Enjoy!

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Hope's pov

"Oh thank god," Josie says, as she lifts the invisibility spell off of herself and kneels down to hug me.

"You siphoned the magic dampening curse away, didn't you?" I say as I numbly accept her embrace. "The thing that was snuffing out every bit of magic in this room?"

"Yeah," Josie says, as she holds my hand in a comforting gesture.

"Come on," she says. "We don't have much time. We need to move..." she falters as she realizes that we are not alone in this room. The eight young witches who remain stare at us with blank expressions on their faces. Their magic has begun to return slowly, but the enchanted chains that keep them restrained to the walls still exist.

"We can't help them. It'll mess up the timeline too much," I say with a sigh of sadness, "Let's go."

"Where's Lizzie?" I whisper to Josie as the two of us rush out of the cellar. 

"A mile away from here," Josie replies quietly, "She collapsed right after she carried me all the way to the forest beneath the hill this chateau is on. She's been exerting herself too much for a newly turned vampire."

Without a doubt, this is true. The fact that she was turned into a heretic in the first place is a horrible thing to deal with in itself... But the fact that she was forced to run back and forth halfway across France because of my own stubbornness...

"Josie, get on my back," I say.

"What?" Josie says.

"It's only a matter of time before Klaus's vampires realize we're gone- hurry!" I say. 

Still confused, Josie grabs hold of my shoulders, and once she does, I transition into a wolf. I bound throughout the grounds of the chateau, leap out into the garden, jump over the gates, and land gracefully on the other side. My eyes spot the forest Josie just told me about. I rush through the grassy hills and head towards the edge of the woods. When I do, my eyes catch sight of Lizzie's golden hair. I stop just long enough for Josie to scoop her sister up and put her on my back, before continuing to run.

With Josie's guidance, I make it into the church from my locator spell vision. The place where Freya and Dahlia's coffins have been hidden in.

As soon as I leap into the church, another wave of pain strikes me across the face. I'm jerked aside, and Lizzie and Josie come tumbling off of me.

"What's going on? Hope!" Josie yells as she rushes towards me. 

Lizzie, who has only just begun to wake up, groans as she massages the point in her back she landed on when she was flung aside by my sudden movement.

I transition back into a human. Josie covers me with her cloak, then kneels down next to me. 

"Hope, what the hell is going on? Are you okay?" she says in panic.

"My- my existence is getting erased from history," I manage to say, "I've affected the timeline too drastically, and I-" I frown when Josie lets out a sigh of relief.

"I can fix that," she eagerly states, as she brings forth a scroll. "A reverse engineered purge spell, created by Dahlia. This will delete the memory of us from the collective conscience," she says.