Chapter 43

Lizzie's pov

A group of over five hundred people, consisting of vampires, witches, and even some werewolves, charge into the Mikaelson Compound.

Chaos explodes within the confines of the walls surrounding the Abattoir.

"Invisique," I say, placing an invisibility spell over myself.

I vamp-race towards the rooftop, and stare down at the sight that is unfolding below me.

Klaus and Elijah are throwing fists at each other like two wild animals who are fighting for survival. One of the Strix members tosses Elijah a blade. He catches it, then immediately rams it into his brother's chest.

Taken by surprise, Klaus stumbles backwards, giving Elijah enough time to go track Hayley down. He punches her across the face, and she responds by kicking him in the gut. A dozen of Hayley's wolves, who all wear kyanite rings on their fingers, pounce at him.

Somehow, Elijah manages to escape without suffering a single wolf bite. The same cannot be said, however, for the three Strix vampires who surround him. Their screams of pain fill the air as their veins begin to be filled with werewolf toxins.

"Phesmatos Incendia!" Davina shouts. A wall of roaring fire erupts at the compound's gates, preventing further enemies from entering- for now.

Elijah races around the compound, tearing out the hearts of any who dare try to fight against him.

"Phesmatos Morsinus Pyrox Allum," Freya chants.

The ten vampires who were about to pounce on her fall to their knees and clutch at their heads, writhing in pain. This gives Klaus enough time to go around chopping their heads off one by one.

"Phesmatos Oculacs," one of Elijah's witches shouts.

I feel my invisibility spell getting lifted off of me.

"There's one up there!" the witch points.

Snarling, I jump off the rooftop and land directly on top of her. Without another moment's of hesitance, I snap her neck in two.

I march straight into the battlefield, for I feel no remorse, guilt, fear, or panic.

"Phesmatos-"

"Phasmatos Fumos Extas," I interrupt another witch who was about to perform a hex on me.

The witch stumbles back, for my spell has temporarily stopped his powers from working. I race over to him, grab him by his shoulders, then sink my teeth into his throat.

Fresh blood pours into my mouth. Rejuvenated by this new source of energy, I head straight for Elijah.

Right before I reach him, something is thrown in front of my path. That 'something' is a sight that is familiar to me- My dad used to keep crates of it locked away in the storage room of the Salvatore School.

'Vervain grenade,' I think.

All the vampires around me scatter, but I simply wave my hand around in the air. When the grenade goes off, the vervain splatters off of the barrier spell that I put around myself.

Unscathed, I resume my march, only to find that Elijah has disappeared elsewhere. In his place is one of the Strix vampires. He punches me across the face. 

No pain is felt.

Snarling, I retaliate by merging my magic with my vampire capabilities. The vampire falls onto his knees, and I snap his neck in two.

Two other vampires rush up from behind me, and this time, I'm not so lucky. One of them plunges their hand into my chest, and wraps their fist around my heart.