Chapter 49

(Present Day)

"Hope!" Rebekah says, chasing after me. "Hope- bloody hell, will you please slow down?"

I abruptly stop in my tracks, causing Rebekah to stumble into me.

"Well, you certainly know how to use your vampire speed, don't you?" she laughs. "I've missed this, Hope. Is the Mystic Grill still around? Let's go and you can tell me all about what happened in this time travel thing of yours, hm?"

"Uh- sure," I say, guessing that this 'Mystic Grill' place is a bar of some sort.

We get into her car, and I stare out the window as she begins to drive.

Mystic Falls. It's been so long.

Rebekah parks outside of an old yet clearly popular bar, judging by the many voices that are coming from inside. I follow her through the door, and watch her curiously. The only person I know who knew her is my father, but he never really talked about her, much. It was too painful for him, I guess.

So, when I was ten, I visited Katherine Pierce underneath the tunnels of the Abattoir again. Something I hadn't done in over three years. That time, I managed to sneak into the caverns without my dad finding out.

"Rebekah Mikaelson," she had smiled, with a nostalgic look in her eye. "Such a classic bitch- I suppose you could say she invented the term. I suggest you go look in your fathers' journals, mini-Mikaelson."

Black veins had rippled throughout her face at the last few words, and I had run out of the caverns feeling shaken up.

Rebekah Mikaelson. She orders us two drinks from the bar, and turns to me with a smile.

"A toast," she raises her glass. "To the birth of the tribrid."

"Cheers," I say. I throw my head back and gulp my drink down.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom- wait right here for me, all right? And then you can tell me all about what happened," she says, before walking away.

I immediately turn my attention to the black haired woman sitting across the bar from me. My hearing picks up on the sound of her blood pulsating through her neck...

"Don't scream."

Three minutes later, I have the woman pinned to the brick wall behind the Mystic Grill. I sink my fangs into her neck, draining and feeding as black veins explode all over my face.

She falls unconscious, and I turn my attention to the next one in line. I've dragged out about half a dozen people out here, and I'm planning on getting a sip of all of them.

The brown haired boy who has been compelled to stay calm walks up to me. He goes down a bit slower than the woman- but he goes down, anyway. Next is a college student- thirty seconds. He's down. Then comes a rather hot asian woman. I tear into her carotid artery, too- just as the sound of footsteps reaches my ears.

"Hope! What the bloody hell are you doing?" Rebekah shrieks at me.

I let the asian woman drop onto the pile of bodies at my feet. "Getting a drink. I told you I wanted one," I say to her.

"Wha- Hope!" she says, at a loss for words.

The screech of a car wheel indicates that someone has just pulled up behind me. Both Rebekah and I turn towards the source of the sound. The door of a police cruiser is kicked open-

"Rebekah Mikaelson?" a blonde man in his late thirties says. He has a gun pointed at Rebekah, but his grip on the handle falters a little when he sees her face.