(Updated) Chapter 19- Dead Phone

The next day I woke up with my head in the clouds. A love-sick puppy if you will.  I laid in Payton's bed surrounded by my still-sleeping best friends, replaying every incredible moment from last night like a dream. Light is streaming in through the corners of the curtains. I roll over and see it's already 11:32am.

A few minutes later Kelly stirs herself awake next to me and all the other girls begin to come back to life shortly after. Right away they're all peppering me for more details about what happened last night between Tyler and I. Apparently my quick explanation in the pool didn't provide enough detail for them.

"So.....who made the first move?! Did he use tongue?" Kelly blurts out. Payton looks mildly horrified at the question from her seat on the bed next to me. Rachel and Claire perk up from the air mattress on the floor waiting for me to answer.

"Uh....." I blush.

I'm trying to figure out how to answer gracefully without freaking Payton out. I know she's okay with me being with her brother but it still feels kind of awkward to talk about in front of her.

"....Um....He kissed me first.....and I think that's all I'm going to say about that." A warm blush flushes my cheeks, I give Payton a nervous smile.

"He totally used tongue." Rachel deadpans and the girls erupt in laughter.
Payton can't help but laugh along with everyone else, which makes me feel a little bit better. She seems to be handling this conversation with grace, thank goodness.

Payton, Rachel, Kelly, Claire and I all have plans to spend the day together, just the girls. I'm pretty sure they had been feeling guilty that I was the only date-less one in our group for Homecoming when they vowed we would have a "boy-free" afternoon together the day after. Obviously that was before Tyler and I became whatever it is that we are to each other. No time to mull that thought over now though. My phone is dead since I forgot to put it on the charger last night so I can't even text Tyler good morning, or I guess more like afternoon.

"We should start getting ready. I'm starving and the giant pretzel from Auntie Anne's sounds soooo amazing right now!" Payton tells everyone, getting up from the bed.

"Oh yeah! Mall food court sounds delicious right now." Kelly exclaims, she looks like she might start drooling just thinking about it.

All five of us rush to get ready so we can get going with our day. I'm the first one done. I sneak downstairs before any of the other girls hoping to snag a few minutes with Tyler before we have to leave. The girls are being very strict about the 'no boys allowed' rule so I knew this would be my only opportunity until later tonight. Sadly when I get downstairs there is no sign of any of the guys. All of their cars are gone from the driveway too. I find a note on the counter from Payton's parents saying they will be gone for a bit running errands as well.

****

All five of us girls pile into Payton's car to head out for the day. As promised, Payton, Kelly, Claire and Rachel have already turned their phones on silent and put them in their bags. We are spending the day together without any distractions from the boys or anything else. My phone is still dead so I left it in the car to charge while we head into the mall.

Our first stop was the food court for breakfast....I mean lunch. After that, we did some window shopping for a while. Rachel convinced us all to buy matching braided leather bracelets from one of the center kiosks we passed. Each bracelet looks identical except for the different letter charm for each of our names.

As the afternoon went on we kept walking around mostly chatting and not really shopping when we came across a photo booth outside of a department store. I'm sure it was pretty comical watching all five of us try to cram inside of it but the pictures turned out priceless so we didn't care if we were causing a scene. We took enough that all of us could take home a photo strip. Everything about the day together was going perfectly and I couldn't be happier to spend the afternoon with my girlfriends.