(Updated) Chapter 15-Favorite Place on Earth

It's almost eight o'clock and Payton still hasn't made it home yet. I've been trying my best to not stress about her or overthink being solo with Tyler that I've thrown all my focus into our English assignment. If I'm honest, I didn't have much faith that Tyler would be any help with it, but I'm happy to say he's surprised me yet again. This boy keeps doing that. Tyler's shown me tonight he's not just some dumb jock who thinks school is a joke. He's proven to be the exact opposite in fact, working just as hard as me and making some really insightful points I hadn't thought about. As if I needed another reason to crush harder on him.

"Alright, I need to stop. I think my head might explode if I read another sentence." Tyler puts his copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' down.

"Yeah I agree, I'm ready to call it a night too." I grab my bag, starting to pile all my stuff inside.

"K good." Tyler lets out a relieved sigh. ".......Wait, what are you doing? Don't go yet. I didn't mean we had to stop hanging out." Tyler grins making his dimples show.

"Oh.....I uh just figured.....um, ok. I guess I can stay for a little bit longer." I say nervously.

"I mean if you would rather go home I can take you....but I was thinking it would be fun to go on a little adventure first though. I have someplace I want to show you."

I look down at my oversized sweats and baggy t-shirt. Remembering how completely underdressed I am to go anywhere.

"What kind of adventure are we talking? I'm not really dressed for going out."

"Lila Daniels, you look good in anything, but what you're wearing won't matter anyway. Where I'm taking you nobody is gonna see."

"Hmmm. So you're telling me you want to take me somewhere nobody will see us, in the dark, alone? Sounds kind of sis. Is this where you murder me?"

"Guess you'll have to trust me enough to find out." He winks.

"That wasn't a no." I joke.

Tyler holds out his hand for me to take. Our eyes lock with one another as I study his face. In an instant his deep blue eyes change. His expression turns from being playful to something that's more subtle, vulnerable maybe. It feels like there is something unspoken between the two of us. It's the same indescribable way I've felt with him before. Like when Tyler drove me to the Dairy Barn my first week at school. Without allowing myself to overthink it I decide to take his hand, ready to follow him anywhere.

"Here, you'll need this." Tyler hands me his football hoodie before we reach the front door. "Don't even start with the stubborn act either. Just wear it. We both know you're gonna need it." He chuckles to himself.

"I....uh.....Thank you." I say, making sure to give Tyler an exaggerated eye roll in the process. I try not to show how much I love having the scent of him engulf my body when I put his hoodie on.

"Geesh Lila. I mean I know I'm a big guy, but you look—."

"Watch what you say mister!" I cut Tyler off, covering my hand over his mouth. "Don't you dare call me tiny, I hate that! I've heard it all my life and there is nothing that irritates me more. Just because I'm small doesn't mean I can't kick your butt!" I scold.

Tyler gently removes my hand from his mouth revealing a boyish grin on his face.

"You done with your rant now? Got that out of your system?" Tyler chuckles. "I know better than to ever underestimate you, Lila. You've made it abundantly clear since the first day I met you that you can take just about anyone or anything down if you want to. All I was going to say is that you look really cute in my hoodie. I like seeing you wear my clothes."