Chapter Twenty Seven

---

-Smirky-

Elope? Runaway? Tanan? Hindi kaya masyado na kaming matanda ni Grin para sa bagay na yan?

“Hey, natahimik ka ata?” natatawang tanong nito sa akin. Tumingin lang naman ako sa kanya ng takang taka.

“Grin, mag tatanan tayo?” hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko sa kanya. Ngumiti naman ito sa akin at maya maya ay tumawa na naman ng mahina bago umiling iling.

“Oh bakit parang hindi ka makaniwala?” natatawang tanong nito sa akin. He lean his head closer to me.

“Yun ba ay dahil matanda na tayo para sa bagay na yan? Bakit mga teenagers lang ba ang may karapatang mag tanan?” pinagdikit nito ang mga noo namin then he caress my cheeks and look straightly to my eyes. He look so serious while looking at me. Lagi naman siyang mukhang seryoso eh, pero iba ang pagka seryoso niya ngayon.

“Smirky, I’m willing to do everything so that we won’t break apart. I’m willing to do anything, just to be with you” his voice almost broke when he said that.

“That one week that you are not beside me is a hell week for me. And in that one week I realize something that is not so me.” Grin close his eyes and I saw his Adams apple move up and down.

“I realize how…” he open his eyes again and look straight to my eyes. I can see different emotions there.

“How madly in love I am to you. I realize that I can’t live without you. Yeah I can still eat, walk stand and breaths even without you but deep inside I feel like my world is breaking apart because I’m not with you. I feel so empty when you are not with me Smriky. When you left me, you take my heart with you” I saw a tear fell down from his eye

“Now tell me, how can I live when you took my heart from me?” I let a tear escape from my eyes and I sob quietly. I can’t stand this. I’m hurting him.

“Grin, si papa. Paano si papa? He wants Carlo for me” I broke my voice when I said that. I don’t want to hurt Grin pero yun na ang ginagawa ko sa kanya ngayon.

“That’s why I’m asking you to elope with me! Damn it! I won’t allow you to marry that bastard! Over my dead body Smirky! Over my dead body! You’re going to marry me, only me Smirky Delos Reyes! Since you agreed to become my girlfriend, you committed yourself to me forever!” he is catching his breath after he said that.

“But Grin—“

“Why? Don’t you want to elope with me?” mahinang tanong nito. Puno ng hinanakit ang boses nito and I closed my eyes because I can’t stand to see the pain I can see in his eyes.

“Grin it’s not like that” mahina kong sabi

“Then what is it?!” madiing sabi tanong nito. I swallow first the lump in my throat before I continue to talk

“I know my father Grin” I took a deep breath.

“I know what can he do. Kung magtatanan tayo ngayon, mahahanap at mahahanap niya tayo. Ayaw kitang madamay Grin kaya—“

“Stop!” sigaw nito. Agad naman akong natahimik ng makita ko ang galit sa mga mata nito.

“Don’t you dare tell me to let you go Smirky because I don’t have a plan on letting you go!” nagulat ako ng mag taas ito ng boses. First time kong makita na ganito kagalit si Grin. He looked like a beast.

“I will never let you go Smirky, because I know once I let go of you this time, I’m not going to see you anymore!” madamdaming sabi nito. I can feel his pain. And it’s killing me.