Insert 35

Rainbow
I walked back with the refreshments to the lady and child and saw that she wasn't okay. she was fidgeting with her hands and I moved to the small table were the gun was and stood there with my arms folded.
Gabriela: Thank you.
Me: its a pleasure, how do you know my husband again? I asked remembering the panic in his voice.
Gabriela: I lied to you.
Me: excuse me?
Gabriela: I lied about who I am. my name is not Gabriela.
Me: okay, than who are you?
her: Marcilla, Gabriela is my sister. I knew that the minute you are alone, you would call your husband and I couldn't really give you my name since he made it clear he wants nothing to do with. I just need you to understand that coming here to you and your home was my last resort. I looked at her confused now.
Me: okay. I looked at the young child that was content in cookies and juice. my eyes kept darting to her since she had some sort of familiarity.
Marcilla: 5 years ago you husband came to my father for help. am not sure what but he stayed with us for some time. long enough for my sister(Gabriela) and I to make fools of ourselves trying to get his attention. he never gave us a time of a day until one day an envelope came with you a picture of you and a small note saying " she has moved on". she ruffled her bag and showed me the envelope and a picture of I here in cape town with one of the guy students who was helping me that day and we were laughing at something.
Marcilla: that day Sanele went to a bar and drank himself to a pub and came home and I was there and well things happened. 4 days later he left and left me a note apologizing about what he did and that it was a moment of weakness and that was it. months later I found out I was pregnant and my father gave me his then contact and I told him and his words were " get rid of it" 2 minutes later money was sent in to my account. I was far gone I couldn't and I sent him a text about it and he has helped me financially supporting his daughter with everything but he has never seen her, asked a picture of her or even made an address to her existence. I looked at the beautiful cute young girl who resembled the family Genes and I felt tears roll down my cheeks.
Marcilla: look am sorry, am not here to break you two up nor am I here to want him. I knew he was hurting and I was there and things happened but it wasn't love. am here because of my sister plans.
Me: your sister. I whispered.
Marcilla: a week ago she tried to kidnap Kairo. and I knew it had something to do with this address which I found in her room when I searched for her plans. so I learnt it belong to Sanele and here I am.
Me: I see. I was lost for words. can my life get any more complicated than this? is there something else that Sanele is hiding from me other than this. I was silent as the door busted open and he came in running and I couldn't help but let the tears fall from my face.

Sanele
I looked at her standing next to the side table, the pain in her eyes and the mistrust was enough to cut me in pieces as I turned and looked at Marcilla who looked terrified beyond words and the little girl that was sitting by the floor playing with a doll. I knew she was my daughter from the moment I saw her profile and the minute she turned and looked at me. I felt my heart give a tight squeeze and I knew that I was in love with the little girl. but I turned and looked at rain and i guess she saw my facial expression because she turned and left the room.
Marcilla: am sorry
me: shut up and sit down. i ran after Rainbow and found her curled up in a ball crying on the bed. i tried to touch her but she flinched from my touch.
Me: i can explain.
Rainbow: please go
me: please
Rainbow: just go Sanele, am fine. just leave me alone.
me: am not going anywhere. please let me explain. she turned and my heart broke seeing her like this.
me: am sorry. that all i could say.
Rainbow: yeah me too. she jumped out of the bed and grabbed her bag and walked out. i followed her.
me: where u going?
Rain: out
Me: dont do this.
Rain: i need to think
me: give a chance to fix it.
Rain: you have a child with another woman who claims she doesnt want you but yet was there to comfort you and her sister who wants to kidnap your child and lord knows for what and sister who tried to kill you!! you have your plate too full to be worrying yourself with me. now move out of the way and let me go.
Me; you cant drive like this.
Rainbow: watch me. she pushed her way from me and ran out of the house almost knocking Thabo over who grabbed her and she screamed in pain and looked at him with the most hateful glance ever. if looks could kill he would be dead right now.
Thabo: you behaving like a child
Rain: oh the servant observes. i saw  Thabo flinch at her words as he let go of her hand and she left. the little girl got up so fast and ran behind and with a tiny voice " Aunty" Rain turned around so fast and looked at her and the girl walked to her when she was closer to her, Rainbow bend down to her.
child: mom said she taking me to my new home and my new mom and dad. are you going to be my new mom Aunty? i watched her face crack as new fresh tears rolled down and the little girl wiped them.
child: are you crying because you dont want me? ill be a good girl i promise not to trouble you. i felt my heart break and watched as rain grabbed her to her and hugged her as she cried and i turned to look at Marcilla. what kind of a mother says that to they child? what kind of a woman willingly wants to give they child away to another woman? what the fuck is she up to?

Theo
i watched the whole commotion from the drone that i had flying over the resident. its true. Sanele is back and alive and they staying together....