Intro:

Today is the day I go to university. Am so excited and thrilled for this new journey. I packed everything in the tiny room that i shared with 6 more orphans just like me. When done the Matron came to me and gave me a hug. I must say some kids have horror experiences with orphanages but i must say this catholic orphanage home was the best thing that had ever happen to me. I don't remember how I got here but stories say i was beaten beyond recognition and matron found me on the side of the road thinking i was dead only to learn am alive.she called the cops and i was taken to the hospital where i survived after 5 months being in there. I had to learn how to walk, talk and do things all over again since i have a plate at the back of my head now holding my skull together. Till this day no cops have ever came back with a report saying who i am or where am from or what happened to me. The past 3 years have been a journey and am glad i was able to finish schooling and just be me.  Now here i am going to the big city Johannesburg to study medicine at Wits. Am mixed with emotions of happiness and gratitude of the church ladies who has put in enough money for me to buy necessities since my bursary will pay later on.  I took a long shower went to the chapel to pray and when done went up to go have my last breakfast with the 30 other kids that we call this place home. We had the lovely porridge and some toast and coffee and then they all hugged me and bid me farewell as matron helped me packed my things and all that she has gotten me.
Matron: i want you to stick to your teachings.
Me: Yes ma'am
Matron: you have never disappointed me and i know you wont start now.
Me: I hope so. She smiled at me and we drove the 1 hour drive to my school in silence listening to Hill-songs songs. When we got there people were a buzz all coming in and i got to the office showed them my paperwork as they gave me my package that included keys and set of rules and a map. We drove to where am to stay and got in the apartment house where i share the place with 2 other girls. I went to the last room available which was small but okay for me. Matron helped me set up my bed and everything and left giving me an envelope of cash.
Me: matron
Matron: its a little something i have been saving for you. I know the food is enough for now but its for rainy days. I smiled and hugged her.
Matron: You were a blessing Rain.
Me: and so have you.
Yes my name is Rainbow and some call me  Rain and sometimes Bow but nonetheless that the name i chose for myself when the court Marshall gave me new identity. Cause just like a Rainbow i shine when no one expects me too. Here is my story hope you like it...