Chapter 19: Innocent Kidnap

It was 5am, the sun had risen a bit and it was freezing cold outside. Zander parked the car on the side of the road in a modern nice neighborhood. Betty looked out the window and saw that she arrived and so she thanked Zander for the drive and looked down at her. Harris was next to her, his head on her lap. He was sound asleep. Betty didn't want to wake Harris up, she didn't want to see him sad for her leaving him for another who knows, five or six years.
She just wished she could make up for all those years, birthdays and life memories she missed.

She looked to her right and opened the car door. She carefully placed Harris aside, and picked up the bag, carrying it on her shoulder. She carried Harris next gently so she won't wake him up. Harris turned and groaned a little because of the sudden movement. Closing the back door, she went to the driver's seat window and looked down at Zander. He nodded at her with a little smile.

Zander wasn't the type to smile, in fact he was grumpy among his mates, but he knew what she was facing, because he knows how it feels to be a parent and not able to see your kid.
Betty smiled back, but behind that, she was scared to the core. What in the world was she thinking agreeing to take him back?
She was so nervous and she just wanted to run away, far away from this world of pain she had been through and still going through.

She sighed, gathered her confidence and began to walk straight to her house. The neighborhood was pretty empty and quiet, wasn't surprising. People must still be asleep.
As she walked down the road, her shoes clicking on the ground, and Harris soft hot breathing on her neck, she looked around her neighborhood.
"Been a long time I've been here" She said to herself.

But at the same time, she was kinda happy that she wasn't here because this is what caused her problems. This was the neighborhood that sheltered the person that shattered her dreams to crust.
She didn't want to think about it, that dreaded memory.
She was getting there, just three houses close. Harris turned his head to the other side. Betty softly patted hid back. She was getting closer and so was a figure coming down the same street towards her. Betty squinted her eyes and figured out it was a woman or a young adult to be exact.

She looked like she was on a jog until the girl stopped and looked at Betty. Betty was confused and just pretended to ignore her. The girl suddenly ran towards her, shouting something to her and waving her hand in the air. Her voice started to come in clear as she came closer.
Only when she was 2 feet away, Betty could now see and remember who it was.
Brown straight hair, slim figure, tall, tanned skin, pretty brown tea eyes and very athletic.
Nice, friendly and pretty attitude, friendly smile and ready to make friends.

"Mrs Betty!"

"Nancy?"

Nancy ran towards her and when she was right in front her, she stopped to take a breath. Betty chuckled.

"Been making up for those runs huh?"

Nancy breathed a few times before facing Betty,

"Phew! Yeah but forget those runs! Mrs Betty? Where the gooseberries have you been?"

"W-what do you mean?" Betty asked.

"Well I came over to your house yesterday and the day before yesterday but you weren't there!" She said pointing to Betty's house.

"I mean, I waited all day at your house waiting for you and Harris to show up, but I never saw you guys. Something came up?"