Chapter 17: When Evil Returns

Daniel sat on his couch in a thinking position. Just staring at the huge tv in front of him.
He lost track and he couldn't be sure anymore about his theory. Going after Clara was just a waste of time yesterday since they never found her that night. Who knows, maybe it wasn't her, but no. He had seen her face clearly when she looked at his direction in the crowd then.
A knock came from the his room door and he looked,

"Who is it?" He shouted.

"Its your breakfast sir. It's ready" she said from outside.

Daniel sat up straight, sighing,

"Come in"

Daniel looking at the door, he rolled his eyes when it was Hazel and not Betty-again.
He was sure that Betty wanted to be as far away from him as possible because of the embarrassing things he had done to her when she came to his room to serve food or clean.

Hazel was a pretty girl and was much younger than Betty, she looked like a student who was still in highschool.
Which she was, she was supposed to be in college by now, but she has to work for the money.

Made up of brown golden hair, big grey eyes with freckles on her cheeks. You could call her a cute one for sure.
And of course Daniel was older than her.

Daniel also had an eye for her but he didn't plan on doing anything yet.

Hazel came with a golden tray of food which was covered with another tray. She removed the cover tray and arranged his food from the tray onto his coffee table.
When she put his last dish of food, she bent down in respect,

"Have a good meal sir"
and she turned to walk away but,

"Hazel"

"Yes sir?" she answered looking at him with her sweet voice.

"Is your break over?" Daniel asked, not looking at her.

"Yes it ended yesterday sir. Everyone is back to work now"

"What about you," Daniel looked at her with a calm face. "how did you spend your break?"

Hazel tucked on her collar nervously. She didn't feel like telling this monster about her happiness over the past three days. But she couldn't disobey, or else....
"Well uhh...I decided to visit my family first-"

"Family? I thought you had no interest in them"

She was taken aback,
"I never said that" Hazel muttered.

"If I truly recall, it's your father that sold you here right?"

Hazel felt hurt at those words. He was truly a monster with no feelings for saying that with no respect.
"Y-yes sir"

"To pay his bills and debts he owed to dangerous people, am I right?"

Hazel swallowed hard.
What kind of sick joke was this?
All painful memories flooded back.
How her drunk unemployed father will always be back home heavily drunk. How he will shout at her and her two younger siblings for no reason, shouting curses at her. How he will pick up belt and start abusing her with all kinds of maltreatment. Then the day her father sold her here, she thought everything will be over till she met Daniel who just made it worse.