She's Mine: Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Who is it?" Emmy sang, surely knowing who had knocked.

"Daniels boy from cross town. Troy Daniels," he crooned.

"Aww Lord! Not the Daniels boy!" she snickered before opening the door. 

There was an admirable young man smirking outside of the Kelly residence. He made a simple baby blue shirt with three-quarter sleeves and boot cut jeans look much more impressive than usual. Though his mere presence was enough to make a woman swoon, it was the the bouquet of pastel flowers in his hand that made Emmy put a hand over her heart. 

"For you and Ms. Liza," he smirked, handing Emmy the bundle. 

With joy she took it and ushered him inside, "You're too sweet." 

He snickered, "I try."

"And you're winning," Emmy uttered enough for herself to hear while prancing into the apartment

"Emmy! Did I hear the door?" They heard Eliza yell from her bedroom.

Troy perked up and began casually preening himself, while Emmy smirked at frantic Eliza behind the flowers in her hands. Eliza thought she heard the door during Lulu's bath, but she was pretty sure she was wrong and  nervous. She was right on being wrong and became much more nervous after rushing out of her room. 

"Oh," Eliza peeped. "Oh! Just a moment!" 

Troy and Emmy entered a round of laughter witnessing Eliza scampering off with a naked Lulu over her shoulder– all but Lulu's lower half covered and an exposed a little brown butt. 

"She looks real happy," Troy sighed. 

Emmy turned and looked up to him and nodded with a toothy grin. She turned on her heels and took the flowers into the kitchen, but what she didn't realize is that Troy was slowly shadowing behind her. 

"Oh good that you followed. There is a vase way above the fridge, could you help a short lady out, Troy?" she asked while batting her lashes. 

Troy executed the request without thinking twice but also filled up the vase with water.  Emmy was giddy but not blinded enough to see the mild flush on his face.

"Something the matter?" she mumbled. 

"No ma'am," he grumbled, but he was caught when he saw her peering at him. "Alright... I'm sorta nervous." 

He was so heavy on the twang that Emmy lit up with excitement, "What are you worried about?" 

"Liza's taking me out. I kinda had this whole first... date... thing planned out for when I would eventually ask her out but..." 

"Mmm mmm, Troy. Don't do that," she grunted. 

Suddenly, he panicked and whispered, "Okay, okay. But is there anything special I should know? I don't even know her favorite color!" 

Emmy put up her hand between them, closed her eyes, and angled her head. 

"Relax, young man," she playfully scolded.

"But–"

Troy caught the tilt back of Emmy's head, and she pushed out her lower lip. Then she began to lightly shake her head at him. In question, he began to mimic her. Lowering her head but looking up to him she shook her head again to reaffirm what she meant before. Again, Troy did what she did, leveling his brows like her, to make sure he was getting what she was and wasn't saying.